Sign in to follow this  
eelis

Is Flight! and content still available?

If you have FSX on an old machine there is an option on the command line when you convert the FSX scenery to save it as a .flightAddon file.  You can then copy that to your other computer and install it like any other addon without having to install FSX.

• Like 1

That's excellent news, I will have to try that. Sorry to bother you, but do you by any chance remember the command line 'command' that does this or can I found it somewhere?

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

3 hours ago, eelis said:

That's excellent news, I will have to try that. Sorry to bother you, but do you by any chance remember the command line 'command' that does this or can I found it somewhere?

-eelis-

You only need to append /a to the usual command:

<Path to Flight Toolkit>\ContentConverter.exe fsx /i:<path to FSX folder> /o:<Path to temporary folder to convert the assets> /a

• Like 1

Ok, job done, converted FSX world scenery with Stonelance's Flight Tools.

I was able to install FSX still, but not activate it, but I didn't want it anyway, so all is fine now!

I'm gonna use the '/a' switch to store the world scenery for later date (2027) when I need it next time.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
  • Like 1

Hi ALL, (I hope this group is still around?)

I am going back to Flight after some time and have had to use Stonelance's Flight Tools to do the reinstall. (Thank you to Stonelance's and any other involved).

I still have to do the port the FSX scenery across but I see new Aerocaches listed but I need the "Downloadable content".

Where can I get this from? (Sorry If I have mist it in all the posts)

I await your reply.

Thank you

Oz Flyer

David.

22 hours ago, Oz Flyer said:

I still have to do the port the FSX scenery across but I see new Aerocaches listed but I need the "Downloadable content".

Hi David.

If you have already installed Flight using Flight's toolkit, you can download a lot of stuff from the "addon manager" that comes with it. If you want to port the FSX scenery, you must have FSX installed in your computer (can be the Steam version) and follow the instructions written in a document stored this folder: Other useful Add-ons /FSXWorld addon /FSXWorld addon procedure. You can find this information here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmXbXm2QYzhEe5fiZk4EYT-Qczk

You can use wherever you want from it, enjoy ✈️.

Oscar.

• Like 1

FSX scenery Port.
Getting a whole lot of warnings like this (End of list):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: Unknown airport format version.  Assuming it is a MSFlight format 

Saving BGL file: 'C:\FlightTemp\FSX World\Scenery\World\scenery\AECBIVO.bgl'
  Loading BGL file: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\W
orld\scenery\Traffic_Bowerman.bgl'
    Error: Unknown BGL header.
Error: FSX conversion failed:
Failed to load FSX BGL file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Sc
enery\World\scenery\Traffic_Bowerman.bgl
   at FlightToolkit.SceneryConverter.ConvertFSXSceneryToFlight(String fsxScenery
CfgPath, String fsxTerrainCfgPath, String outputRootPath, HashSet`1 filesToSkip,
 HashSet`1 vegetationGroupings, IEnumerable`1 lclookupBgls, ILogger logger, IPro
gress`1 progress)
   at ContentConverter.Program.Main(String[] args)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Help Please

Are you getting the conversion though? Converting with Flight Tools generates some errors every time anyway.

-eelis-

the list is the last thing on the screen.

I then have a folder with file in it but how do I install them into Flight?

The way I read it the tool should do that?

But I still do not see any airport on the world map in the UI.

David.

6 hours ago, Oz Flyer said:

I then have a folder with file in it but how do I install them into Flight?

If the file inside that folder is "FSXWorld.flightAddon" you already have the addon to port the fsx world to Flight. Now you have to install it. This is done by double clicking the addon and wait until it finish (this is going to take some time). 

6 hours ago, Oz Flyer said:

But I still do not see any airport on the world map in the UI.

Remember to open the addon manager (this is a tool that comes in the toolkit) to download and activate "World Region UI" so you can see a beautiful world map and activate (with a checkmark in a small square at the left) "FXS World". Also remember that the airports appears when you click over "Free Flight" on the menu. I hope this will help you.

Oscar.

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the reply.
I have:

C:/FlightTemp/Temp/               (This folder is empty)

C:/FlightTemp/FSX World/OutputStatus.txt                  (contents of file: 1.0.7.0)

C:/FlightTemp/FSX World/Scenery/world/scenery/         (Contains 424 bgl files)

No "FSXWorld.flightAddon" to be found.

David.

5 hours ago, Oz Flyer said:

No "FSXWorld.flightAddon" to be found.

Have you Downloaded and installed FlightToolkit_1_1_32, "FSXWorld.flightAddon" is in the toolkit. It will applier in the Start menu. :smile: