Sign in to follow this  
Raufvogel

Altimeter Setting sound warning

During every flight in the T7, I always get sound warning "ALTIMETER SETTING", I set both EFIS panel is the QNH value to specify PFSX (DEP & APP), I also suggest the correct TRANS ALT values in, i'm flying with LNAV and VNAF and change in MCP the ALTITUDE on time. even if I B pressure warning is to continue the 30 seconds I wants to know what I can do about it please?

Just to check the most basic solution, you are clicking the button for STD and not just setting the number to standard, correct?

-stefan strandberg

I wants to know what I can do about it please?

I can't tell from your post if you are doing this or not. Press VNAV button on 1/3 enter your transition altitude on line 3. Press NEXT PAGE twice to 3/3. Press to the right of FORECAST. On the next page enter the transition level on line 1. When you roll the MCP altitude above your transition altitude press the STD button. When you roll the MCP altitude below your transition level, set the current altimeter and press the STD button.

Hi,

Clear up a doubt please, is there really a sound for the altimeter setting? I cannot recall having heard it ever.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi,

Clear up a doubt please, is there really a sound for the altimeter setting? I cannot recall having heard it ever.

I actually have no idea, come to think about it.  OP: are you using fs2crew or something else maybe?  Your original post is a little unclear, maybe you could explain a bit more what you mean.

Thanks,

-stefan strandberg

The "altimeter setting" nag is RAAS talking to you. I think it defaults to a transition altitude/level of 10000, so if you're flying in the US, you'll hear the warning between 10000 and 18000. You need to go into the RAAS settings to set the transition level or, as I've done, just disable the warning altogether.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

During every flight in the T7, I always get sound warning "ALTIMETER SETTING", I set both EFIS panel is the QNH value to specify PFSX (DEP & APP), I also suggest the correct TRANS ALT values in, i'm flying with LNAV and VNAF and change in MCP the ALTITUDE on time. even if I B pressure warning is to continue the 30 seconds I wants to know what I can do about it please?

I think this is an RAAS aural warning. You can configure that in the addons menu in FSX. There are two check boxes for altimeter setting warnings.

BTW, is there a reason for posting in an unusual font? It's perfectly readable in the full site format, but I first saw your thread in the mobile version of AVSIM on my phone and it was rendered as a very fine script, unreadable in that format.

edti, Walter beat me to it

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yes RAAS, it makes sense. I unchecked the altimeters boxes so I forgot what it does.

There is no point in getting a fixed value warning when your transition altitudes/levels differ from one airport to the other.
Especially on a long hauler where you often fly from one country to another.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thank you all very much for replying

BTW, is there a reason for posting in an unusual font? It's perfectly readable in the full site format, but I first saw your thread in the mobile version of AVSIM on my phone and it was rendered as a very fine script, unreadable in that format

You're absolutely right, sorry for doing it...​

Just to check the most basic solution, you are clicking the button for STD and not just setting the number to standard, correct?

Here my old setting

Myoldsettings.png

Here after clicking on STD

AfterclickingonSTD.png

The button is still on HPA position

ScreenHunter_517Jan.3119.17.png

Are you getting the call while still parked at the gate/stand?  You wouldn't have STD set on the ground for sure, only above the transition altitude.  Also, have you checked RAAS as suggested?

-stefan

Hi Stefan, that is right, the call is only during the flight on cruise altitude.

I only received the warning in the old settings, but I have not flown pressed with STD!

Here my RAAS settings

RAASsettings.png

If I'm reading you correctly, you haven't been using the STD button above the TA/TL.  I'd suggest trying a flight where you press STD rather than just set 1013 or 29.92, and see if that clears it up, although you may have some weirdness with there only being a single Transition entry box in RAAS, which you would need to change when appropriate.  If that doesn't work or you prefer not to deal with that, just uncheck the boxes for "Altimeter Setting" near the upper right of that screenshot.

-stefan strandberg

I'd suggest trying a flight where you press STD rather than just set 1013 or 29.92, and see if that clears it up

Hi Stefan, thanks for helping me, there's still a lot I have to learn, I am yesterday spent the whole night working there, about trans altitude, transition level, QNH, standard height, change of color and STD starters, etc. but I have still more times by reading to understand it properly.

Now i will start a new flight

EHAM24 Q1013 TRANS ALT 3000'

EDDH23 Q1009 TRANS ALT 5000'

FL370

Wind at Hamburg 210/08

Now I'm going to perform STD procedure as I have been told, and after that I will honor raport. I wait a little customizing RAAS...

EHAM24-EDDH23.png

Stefan, here my expirience

Here DEP (green) setting

GreenHPA.png

Here HPA value, color change Green to Amber

AMBERHPA.png

Then i set HPA to STD

AfterclickingonSTD6e583.png

NO SOUND WARNING AT ALL, till i switched a moment STD off, the sound warning appears again.

Halfway flight, STD color change from Green to Amber???

STDColorchangetoAmber.png

Here the more then perfect approach to EDDH 23

ApproachtoEDDH23Hamburg.png

Thanks Stefan, and the others of AVSIM that you have to help me.

Regards, Jaap Mooijer

You're absolutely right, sorry for doing it...​

No need to apologise, it's impossible to know how every browser and format might render a font.

The main thing is you have the problem resolved.

ki9cAAb.jpg