Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Nvidia inspector setting

Hi I have setup dx10 and nvidia inspector, I am running triplehead2go which stretches one display across three monitors but don't know if the multi display/ mixed gpu acceleration in nvidia inspector should be set to multi or single performance mode

Thank you,Jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi Jim: The rule of thumb is that if you only have a single monitor - then set the Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration to Single-display performance mode. My setup (TH2G) was quite often set to "Multi", but I'd be pretty sure the GPU sees TH2G as a single monitor, TH2G having it's own independent control system, so it should probably be "Single". In any event - try each setting, recording your fps and simply set it accordingly - you're not going to hurt anything!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks I will try both settings.

Jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi Jim: The rule of thumb is that if you only have a single monitor - then set the Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration to Single-display performance mode. My setup (TH2G) was quite often set to "Multi", but I'd be pretty sure the GPU sees TH2G as a single monitor, TH2G having it's own independent control system, so it should probably be "Single". In any event - try each setting, recording your fps and simply set it accordingly - you're not going to hurt anything!

pj

Paul, glad to see your still around. You are a great asset to this community.

• Upvote 1

Hey Ric! Thank you for the post! It's nice to know the you're still around too!

Yup - still get emails, and still visit here occasionally. There's a lot of folks that I really enjoyed conversing with - the list is too long, but you know them all. I miss everyone.

All the Best!

pj

• Upvote 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul!!!!

Great to see you around again!

Just re-installed the Fixer to test some stuff with ASN :-)

I was looking for default setups to load. I believe there is one by Steve himself, but I couldn't find them ? This would save me going through the various menus, with options I sometimes don't really know how to chose...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm afraid I can't help you with Fixer settings anymore, Jose' - it's all gone out of my head! FSX is still on my machine, but I took all the cockpit hardware, pedals, yoke, etc., out, and it's now languishing in the back of my garage gathering dust. I haven't used FSX for over a year and I see that Steve has changed it so many times since then I wouldn't even begin to know where to start! I can only suggest you try ploughing through Steve's Wordpress achive: I think Steve will respond if you log in there and ask him - but you might be faster by doing the same here on the official DX10 support site here at Avsim

Sorry, my friend, Id love to help again, but the sands of time have shifted!

All the Best,

pj

Thx Paul!

I've been ( many times ) thinking of doing the same.... Flying for real is still an option for me, but the crisis around here makes it difficult, so, I've been considering Aeromodelism - at least I'll get some fresh air and Sun ( Portugal has plenty of it .... ) while enjoying some RC Glider flying, instead of sitting and tweaking for hours in front of a PC ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yeah - I hear you Jose'. RC is a great way of pursuing "hobby aviation" without the cost of licenses, instructors, hourly rental prices - and then, what do you do once you have a PPL? It's fine for the more wealthy folks among us, but I'm an "average joe", (retired now) and a normal life takes up most of the income of most of the rest of us. RC has many other benefits, too - it's an outdoor sport - healthy; it satisfies the creative urges in us; we meet lots of folks who share this same crazy passion - and we get to stretch our imaginations, as we do in the flight sim: we are in the cockpit: it becomes "real"!

I don't fly RC anymore, either, (the sim got in the way) but here's some old pics.. 

qa9s91y5vrb9xn94g.jpg

All the Best!

Thx J !!!

It inspired me :-)

All of the Best from here too !

Main Simulation Rig: