Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 visuals as compared to actual map location enroute...

Waiting for the cloud deck to clear..but thought to show some great formations, just into Alabama...

trip1.png

trip2.png

trip3.png

trip4.png

As you can see, EVO is pretty faithful to the same rolling 3,500-4,500 foot mountains as shown in the map, near Birmingham, Alabama.

trip5.png

• Upvote 1

Clouds look great! Really like shot #3.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Clouds look great! Really like shot #3.

...brought to you by a combo of ASE and Rex2004 Extreme (Overdrive)

Hi Mitch, looks great! You are flying over my Home State and City !!

Love Alabama!  We vacation just about 10 miles from the Florida State line. Actually...(and you can appreciate this...) we DRIVE those ten miles into Florida to do our grocery shopping for the two weeks at the condo, vs staying in Alabam.  You save a ton of money...!!!  Grocery items are taxed in Alabama, but not in Florida....Same for bar hopping and general eating... The grocery store just inside the Florida State line, has the parking lot full of out-of-state, and TONS (LOL) of Alabama plates...avoiding that huge tax hit...

Lamar...what's with the tax base, anyways, around Gulf Shores?!?!?!?!?!?    :nea:

They downright kill ya there...!!!!

Love Alabama!  We vacation just about 10 miles from the Florida State line. Actually...(and you can appreciate this...) we DRIVE those ten miles into Florida to do our grocery shopping for the two weeks at the condo, vs staying in Alabam.  You save a ton of money...!!!  Grocery items are taxed in Alabama, but not in Florida....Same for bar hopping and general eating... The grocery store just inside the Florida State line, has the parking lot full of out-of-state, and TONS (LOL) of Alabama plates...avoiding that huge tax hit...

Lamar...what's with the tax base, anyways, around Gulf Shores?!?!?!?!?!?    :nea:

Hi Mitch, the sales tax rate in Gulf Shores is 10%..........Yes, very high and it is for anything you purchase. Visitors to that area get hammered with sales tax. If Gulf Shores would lower their sales tax to say 2 or 3% they would get more visitors and make more money overall.  I think the reason sales tax is high in Alabama is the fact that, property tax, car tags, license are lower than a lot of other States.  Retirees are exempt from Alabama State tax which really helps as I am retired and it saves a lot of money. So Mitch I guess it all balances out in the end if you are a resident of Alabama.

Mitch are you still flying XPX any? I have been adding addons slowly  to XPX and enjoying it very much.  

I love what Sasha has (is) doing with FS9!  Mitch could (when you have time) to let me know what addons you use with FS9 that are compatible..........Thanks

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Mitch, the sales tax rate in Gulf Shores is 10%..........Yes, very high and it is for anything you purchase. Visitors to that area get hammered with sales tax. If Gulf Shores would lower their sales tax to say 2 or 3% they would get more visitors and make more money overall.  I think the reason sales tax is high in Alabama is the fact that, property tax, car tags, license are lower than a lot of other States.  Retirees are exempt from Alabama State tax which really helps as I am retired and it saves a lot of money. So Mitch I guess it all balances out in the end if you are a resident of Alabama.

Mitch are you still flying XPX any? I have been adding addons slowly  to XPX and enjoying it very much.  

I love what Sasha has (is) doing with FS9!  Mitch could (when you have time) to let me know what addons you use with FS9 that are compatible..........Thanks

Both my wife and I, really like Gulf Shores...but as you say...wow-pow! on that overall tax base.  Thanks for the 'insider' tax explanation...and i just had my wife read your reply over my shoulder.  She left the room, saying..."yep....we'll keep driving across the Florida border for our groceries, booze, beer, wine, and dining out."

It's really too bad, Lamar as you say...for most everybody even including Alabamians, take the trip 'across the state line'...for all of the above. You truly should see the Alabam plates at the local, major food chains, Florida-side! I feel sorry for the merchants and business people in Gulf Shores and area...., left seeing all those cars driving past their place of business.  BTW...if any other readers are parusing this...and Lamar will CERTAINLY confirm....for tourists...anywhere in the south of Alabama...the local police will STOMP on you, if you are as little as 3 miles per hour over the speed limit.  It is well known, as a city/town hot revenue stream.  Seriously, you need (with an out-of-state plate) to keep exactly or lower, than the posted speed limits...or sure as I am typing here...you WILL be donating.. right at the side of the road.  You pay then...or have to go through the you-know-what of justice-of-the-piece time.  Anyway...back to what you asked me...

yes...still fly them all...it is just that I am sort of preoccupied with FS9...for Sascha is pumping out updates left-right-and center...just loaded in the dry desert textures, and was in a flight around Phoenix.  I'll PM you Lamar with a well-thought out recommendation for XP, and FS9.  You'd get old just reading my install .cfg for XPX, and FS9 is pumped up pretty well, too. So let me look around my installation..and see what I think you might be interested in....

Cheers,

Mitch

Nice.

nebojsa

Thanks, Jat...ASE and REX, were really putting it to the screen on that long flight!  It was grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Ses