Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Airfoillabs Cessna 172

Me too!

I have more than 200 hours as a CFII in a 172. This one is as real as it gets. :smile:

AirfoillabsC172SP.jpg
Airfoillabs_C172SP2.jpg

Jose

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Well guys,

I will buy it as soon as my account allows for it ...

Thanks for the comments :-)

A question for DjJose...

I honestly never really liked the A2A C172 - I think there is something strange about it, specially on landing, and performing coordinated turns feels unrealistic, with increasing ammounts of ruder being necessary to keep coordinated - the more you try to hit the ball, the more it runs away from you...., but I wonder if you did try that one as well ? Many users say it is very realistic... although I confess I always prefered even the default XpX C172 to it :-/

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'll second that. It's fantastic and I actually prefer this over the A2A version.

• Upvote 1

Thx Tony!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Simply ASTOUNDING!!!!

Jaime, there's correct yaw due to asymmetric slipstream!

This is a AMAZING AIRCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Simply ASTOUNDING!!!!

Jaime, there's correct yaw due to asymmetric slipstream!

This is a AMAZING AIRCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From one Jose to another, CONGRATS!

With all honesty, this 172 and my DD NYC v2 & Airports scenery is the primary reason why I have XP 10 still installed. I did my initial PPL, Instrument, and CFI training at KFRG. This airplane and the DD NYC scenery bring me back home.

The A2A 172 had so many bugs when it was first released that I decided not to buy it. I do have the Cherokee, 182, and Comanche 250. They are amazing!

I also have the RA Turbine Duke with GTN 750, F1 Citation Mustang, ES Citation X v2, PMDG 737, and Aerosoft's Airbus A320 Extended. This is why I spend most of my sim time in FSX.

Cheers!

I'll second that. It's fantastic and I actually prefer this over the A2A version.

Tony, I have one question though...where are the controls pull-knobs, etc...for cabin and window heating?  I have fog and ice effects, but don't have in v1.52 control panel..any place that I see, for heat accessibility. Also...where is the carb heat control knob?!@!??!?!?!??

Tony, I have one question though...where are the controls pull-knobs, etc...for cabin and window heating?  I have fog and ice effects, but don't have in v1.52 control panel..any place that I see, for heat accessibility. Also...where is the carb heat control knob?!@!??!?!?!??

Cabin & heating control knobs are bellow the Co-pilot's yoke.

Fuel injected engines do not need carb heat.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

I haven't yet...........got past the point of registration. The manual says to use low rez. and the screen will appear. Then there are farther instructions if that screen doesn't appear.  My problem is, at 65 years of age, I'm becoming much less of a computer GEEK. I just don't want to bother anymore. It's getting worse every year, as my hobbies just seem to split into multi-hobbies, which I still want to try, before it's too late. 

Anyway, I'll still try to deal with it, when I get around to it......sometime.  

Cabin & heating control knobs are bellow the Co-pilot's yoke.

Fuel injected engines do not need carb heat.  :smile:

DOH!   I thought this bird was carb fed....my bad....

:)

What about cabin heat...heat for the windows...etc....

DOH!   I thought this bird was carb fed....my bad....

:)

What about cabin heat...heat for the windows...etc....

Pull the cabin heat knob under the right yoke. The more you pull it, the greater the heat.

For cabin ventilation pull the cabin air under the cabin heat knob.

For maximum heat, pull the cabin heat knob out and push the cabin air knob in.

Pull the cabin heat knob under the right yoke. The more you pull it, the greater the heat.

For cabin ventilation pull the cabin air under the cabin heat knob.

For maximum heat, pull the cabin heat knob out and push the cabin air knob in.

Thanks...just didn't see the controls...must be blind of late...

Post Edit:  I had never removed the right yoke..so I never saw the two controls...thanks again, and here they are:

Airfoillabs_C172_SP_medium_res_19.png

Having a blast with it...

Airfoillabs_C172_SP_medium_res_17.png

Airfoillabs_C172_SP_medium_res_18.png
  • Upvote 1

The only thing i really hate about this bird is the beacon light, it looks like a dam port faro, i do not understand why the developers did not address this during the latest updates. That light is just so wrong.

• Upvote 1

Manuel Merelles