Sign in to follow this  
airborn86

Computer Upgrade for FSX + Addons

Dear fellow avsimmers,

The purpose of this post is to receive your opinions regarding my imminent computer upgrade. My intention is to buy an ASUS ROG Laptop (now I know a lot of you will suggest against running FSX on a laptop, but due to the fact that I am constantly on the go, this is my only option). In any case, I want a laptop powerful enough to run FSX on high settings (doesn't have to be maxed out), as well as being able to run the following addons to start with:

• PMDG 777, 737 and 747
  • Aerosoft A320
  • ORBX Base, vector and sceneries
  • REX texture and cloud products
  • Aerosoft Mega, Flytampa, FSdreamteam sceneries
  • GSX ground services
I have considered the following laptop:

ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71 Intel i7 2.6GHz 16GB DDR4 1TB HDD GTX960M 2GB 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop

Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ Processor (4 cores, max turbo 3.5 GHz)

DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM, 16 GB SDRAM

17.3" FHD (1920x1080) matte

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2G GDDR5 VRAM

1TB HDD 7200 RPM

Now, I am aware that FSX is mostly CPU dependent and since it is a 32-bit product, it can cause out of memory issues, despite having a powerful computer. Nevertheless, I hope that the specs mentioned above can give me at least 15-20 fps, considering operating a demanding aircraft such as a PMDG 777, in an ORBX scenery and with overcast conditions.

Thanking you all in advance!