Sign in to follow this  
Bandselect

Future Development Timeline Speculation...

Pure speculation on timeline deliveries going forward .... I like the Precision in PMDG and quality takes time ... although the timeline below may not align to previous PMDG statements concerning dev efforts or aircraft they will model ...

747 V2 Release Q3 2016 (July - September)

747-8I/F Expansion Package Q1 2017 (January - March)

777/-200/-300/200ER Expansion Package Q2 2017 (April - June)

737-800/900 NGX Update (revised textures to update this model to 777 and 747V2 standards) Q3 2017 (July - September)

737-600/700 NGX Update (revised textures to update this model to 777 and 747V2 standards) Q3 2017 (July - September)

787-8 Series Model Development Announcement Q4 2017 (October - December)

787-8 Series Release Q2 2020 (April - June)

737 MAX 8 Series Model Development Announcement Q3 2019 (July - September)

737 MAX 8 Series Release Q2 2022 ( July - September )​

It's gonna be great!

Scott Robinson

Who said they were producing the 787 and 737MAX?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hi,

Don't get me wrong, no hurt feeling intended, but what is the point in posting this when it not based on anything concrete?

We all know that PMDG doesn't and will probably never give and schedule, timeline or release date, and we don't even know what will be beyond the B747 v2. 

And I think it's safe bet to say that they won't even comment, confirm or deny any of the info above.

Once again, no harm intended but I think some people may take this as a reliable source to spread wrong info later on.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Everyone take a deep breath - THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL PMDG communication - just a speculation (informed guess) concerning future software development. No comment from PMDG is expected - this was done just to layout the estimate timelines to develop these aircraft models, NONE OF WHICH BEYOND the 747 V2, PMDG has commented on...consider it a thought piece on a hobby and no more.

Scott Robinson

Alright, so who is going to win Iowa tomorrow?  That guess has as much basis as your timeline LOL

OBTW full names in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

737-800/900 NGX Update (revised textures to update this model to 777 and 747V2 standards) Q3 2017 (July - September)

What's wrong with the NGX textures that they need to be updated? The externals are the same sized 4096 HD textures and the VC textures in the NGX are HD as well.

On my system the NGX textures look as good or the same as the T7 textures inside and out and can't see what needs improved.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Everyone take a deep breath - THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL PMDG communication - just a speculation (informed guess) concerning future software development. No comment from PMDG is expected - this was done just to layout the estimate timelines to develop these aircraft models, NONE OF WHICH BEYOND the 747 V2, PMDG has commented on...consider it a thought piece on a hobby and no more.

I fail to see the point of your speculation then.

David Porrett

This was just a speculation on what might be, not a declaration of what will be.

The 737 NGX is great - but I see subtle differences in the 777 that means the developers improved their game even more, at least IMO. I see an opportunity to release a variant that will improve upon what exists.

After all, if PMDG wasn't working incremental improvements, we wouldn't have been gifted with the VAS improved 777 model recently.

This was a thought piece on the complexity of developing the models. We FSX users are working off of 2005 coding released in 2006 and I think it is cool that over 10 years the platform remains the big dog. It also shows me that the complexity of building a single aircraft model is a multi-year commitment and that a new platform, as envisioned by the NGIS crew, is an even steeper challenge.

Scott Robinson

Not sure why people are getting so offended! You mentioned speculation in your title and body so no harm done!

To be fair, I don't think you're too far off if I had to guess. I would probably omit the 737 ngx from the list and I think the 747-8 is being included from the beginning??

Relax guys, just some excitement. Lord before the ngx was released for about 6 months there were new speculation threads every day! The forum has cooled down since those days

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I regrettably struck a nerve when this was post was intended to be a shoot the breeze type discussion over a beer.

• Upvote 1

Scott Robinson

Hi,

I'm not really offended. However even if it is neither the OP's intention nor his fault, this kind of posts tend to be reinterpreted and spread all over again by some other people and what began as a "speculation" well specified by the OP gets into a gossip then a "truth" in others' mouth.

Then we start reading some posts saying that PMDG will do this or that...

But on the other hand, I will step back because I agree that this should not be a reason to prevent people from posting speculations as long it is well specified that they are not based on any sort of intel.

I apologize if my first post sounded harsh.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

This is PMDG we are talking about... The NGX is probably finished (in my opinion). My money for the next 73' release will be a 73-MAX, (updates don't generate cash. new releases do!!)

I dream of a 75' but I probably got shot down in 2003 for asking that question... and I sure as'ell now that it will be the same answer in 2016.

It is what it is, and it will happen when it happens!!!!

Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

My opinion the time line are to long.....I think they have the correct dev's that if they

want they can push faster titles quicker now....for some reason the last three year's they jumped from

leaps and bounds they found and created cool codes that can be shared in all platforms...

too cool.

I'm not casting aspertions on PMDG's timekeeping but do they really schedule things in this way? When you're dealing with a simulation this complex, you never know where the next obstacle will be - alpha testing (if that is such a thing) might throw up something huge that has to be tweaked or done again, then problems come up with released products (777 memory, for example), then LM decide to bring out Prepar3d V9.4 which no longer supports use on computers and instead beams the simulation directly into your brain, meaning the normal P3D PMDG installers and modules have to be changed. I suppose you can say roughly how many years a project will take but there are too many variables and improvements to schedule things in this way.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Has been known.

• Upvote 2