Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Fltplan Go App

I've tried connecting this app to P3D but so far no luck. It does say FSX all over the place but I thought I'd try to get the exe installed on the computer to recognize P3D, it did right away. It displays connected and shows the coordinates for my aircraft. The app on the phone, however, does not connect to the computer. There are very few settings, but the last under Options is to "enable FSX Sim GPS". At any rate it doesn't connect to the computer and the option turns itself off. Any one get this to work?

James McLees

Hi Jimmy,

Yep - works like a champ - P3D V3.1 - Win 10 - iPad...

Is your cellphone using the same WiFi segment the PC is on ??? I doubt it will work if using "cell" mode... Enable GPS for FSX is the only setting you should have to enable for the app...

I think I may have had my "Migration Tool" active when I installed the software on PC - not 100% sure though... I don't have FSX so I just leave it enabled most of the time...

Also - you need all (4) simmconnect utilities installed via your Prepar3D distribution directory... Most common cause of failure I know of with the app...

We've covered the topic here - in depth: http://www.avsim.com/topic/471387-fltplan-go-app-for-ipad-way-cool/

Regards,
​Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Scott, got it up and running. Great little tool!

James McLees

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately seems to be the case - originally FltPlan GO started out globally - but they really only had chart coverage for North America and the Caribbean - - - honestly I'm not sure if they go into Central or South America - according to FltPlan they received a barrage of complaints so they limited the software distribution to North America... It's a shame - because it's a fantastic program and the only free source of Geo-Referenced Approach Plates I'm aware of - also - it seems many in the global FlightSim community have expressed interest even with just North American coverage...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7