Sign in to follow this  
Noah101

QualityWings or CaptainSim 757?

I'm very confused as to which one I should get because they both seem very good. I've heard that the CaptainSim is more detailed systems wise but idk. I just really need help lol 

Hi Noah101,

It depends on how much realism you want really.

The Quality Wings 757 is as it say's on the tin, "complexity simplified" and some of the systems are quite simple but it will get you started with commercial jets if your new to them. The FMC automatically fills in some details but it does follow a flight plan fine and you can do SID/STAR routes too. The external model is nice too and you do get all versions of the 757, 200/300 freighters, C32 the lot for one price which is nice. It is quite easy on your PC too, which is something to consider.

The Captain Sim 757, is just the one version the 200. the freighter and 300 versions are add on purchases for 9.99 euro's each. Unfortunately you just missed the 24 hr sale that Captain Sim hold where everything is just 9.99 euro's. I only bought mine in this years sale and still getting used to it. It does have a few issues mainly with the FMC and autopilot, but I am finding work around's for those. The VC is lovely and everything appears to be clickable and work. Considering it has been out a number of years now I think it is still pretty good. I really like some of the animations, like opening cockpit windows etc. You also get a full virtual cabin, which seems a bit much for me, but it is something unusual although nice, although the frame rates aren't as good for me as the Quality Wings 757,  I have flown my Captain Sim 757 into some FlyTampa, and FSDT airports and I was quite happy with the results.

It might be worth checking out Youtube as there are a few nice video's showing you some of the differences between the two so you can compare them both.

So unfortunately I am not alot of help, both are good products, both have fans who like one not the other. The quality Wings 757 is the simpler of the two, but how realistic the systems on the Captain SIm 757 are I am not sure of either. Having just started flying the Captain Sim one, I am leaning towards the Captain SIm version at the minute it does seem more immersive with a nicer Virtual Cockpit.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

I have both.
Do not use simulator with advanced instruments, but listen to opinions that CSIM has pretension to be more "professional".
My favorite is QW, more FPS friend, much like the QW sound, and can I get by with navigation features, larger configuration panel facilities, fuel and others.
My personal opinions, I have both installed in FSX-SE.

If you buy QW and run Windows 10 see the post, about.

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/missing-text-on-the-displays_topic777.html

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Glad this was posted cause there are still 3 hours remaining for the Just Flight sale offering the QW757 at £12.99. I was very tempted, but held back. Now I'm glad I did.

What platform are you using? If P3D, The quality wings doesn't work 100% and there are no plans to make it compatible.

Orman

I already know that they do not support P3D, so on that basis alone I'd not touch it, but as I run FSX-SE, for the moment, I'm still not convinced it's worth a buy. More like JF's FlightLite models.