Sign in to follow this  
mill33

Blue Tint

I recent bought and installed the DX10 fixer in FSX. I am running REX essentials HD.

Everything has a blue tint. How can I remove this blue tint and get more natural colors. Thank you.

The colours with the fixer should be identical to those without it and identical to dx9, with the one exception of shadows (see below)

The colours in fsx come from the sky textures which in your case would be based in the theme you select in Rex. These define the colour of sun light and the colour of ambient light. Many Rex themes use a slightly bluish ambient light.

These lighting factors are them applied to the aircraft or ground textures, to generate the image that you see.

If you select toned shadows in the fixer dx10controller shadow dialog then it corrects a visual error in fsx - by default shadows cast by objects are the colour of darkened sunlight and thus may have a different tint to other surfaces in shadow that face away from the sun and use the ambient lighting. This is very unrealistic. Without this fix in the VC you would see surfaces change colour as the aircraft banks.