Sign in to follow this  
aaronshenhao

Which is the most realistic (In your opinion)

It is highly known that DX10 reduces FPS, but increases VAS margin and it is waaay more smooth and fluid. I don't need 200fps in DX9, 80fps is enough, and 30fps locked at all times is the key.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I don't believe the fixer reduces frame rates.  Probably what reduces them is people cranking up their settings once they get things working in DX10.

I've noticed smoother autogen performance with DirectX 10 over DirectX 9. Probably due to the shader instancing being used.

Having been a die hard DX10 with the fixer fan I have now moved to P3d and find it more realistic and smother performance. P3d cockpit shadows are far better than DX10s but DX10 water is the best I have seen. I have them both installed as I like the way photo real looks in DX10 better than P3D. There is always a plus and minus to each. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Having been a die hard DX10 with the fixer fan I have now moved to P3d and find it more realistic and smother performance. P3d cockpit shadows are far better than DX10s but DX10 water is the best I have seen. I have them both installed as I like the way photo real looks in DX10 better than P3D. There is always a plus and minus to each. Josh

What are your machine specs?  I am thinking about trying P3D but am concerned about my machine....you can see my specs in my profile.

What are your machine specs?  I am thinking about trying P3D but am concerned about my machine....you can see my specs in my profile.

Well I can't seem to find it.  Processor i2500k @ 4.8.  Video card is GTX970.   

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think you should be okay at 4.8 and a 970. I got a Hazwell at 4.6 and a 970. You got a 60 days to return it if it doesn't work for you.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I think you should be okay at 4.8 and a 970. I got a Hazwell at 4.6 and a 970. You got a 60 days to return it if it doesn't work for you.  Josh

Good to know, thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi,

I am trying to figure out which of these options looks the closest to real life. I did buy P3D, but my PC couldn't run it smoothly so I had to revert back to FSX. Right now I am using it with ENB.

In your opinion, please rate it from 1-5, 1 being the most realistic and 5 being the least. 

• Default FSX
  • FSX with ENB (state which ENB)
  • FSX with a mod (state which mod)
  • FSX with DX10
  • FSX with DX10 fixer

Which one looks closest to real life? I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

For many years I had been sticking with DX9, mainly due to better looking water. I had repeatedly tried ENB and SweetFX but both gave CTDs which totally ruined FSX for me. This was a no-go so I reverted to using just Shade, which didn't give the contrast and palette changes I wanted though.

Sometime ago I heard about ReShade. Installed it along with MasterEffect ReBorn real-time effects and after some tinkering I was a very happy camper! No CTDs and great bloom, contrast and color palette control.

Later I made the switch to DX10 using Steve's fixer. I continue to use ReShade with MasterEffect ReBorn along with Shade. Never had better looking water with wind dependent waves, and with palette contrast and coloring that rivals even X-Plane.

Note however that the final outcome mainly depends on the ReShade configuration. It can make or break FSX looks.