Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

A superb VAS monitor (amongst other things)....

FSUIPC is needed as I can see, but FSUIPC itself allows users to monitor remaining VAS in real-time from inside the simulator in a transparent screen that you can resize and re-position according to the needs and likes.

Cheers,

Edward

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yes, it is a great little tool for monitoring VAS usage. I wished it would not pause the sim each time I check the VAS and run continuously. But very handy in trying to find where the VAS hogs are :smile:

Agree with Ed. FSUIPC offers this feature amongst a plethora of others making this redundant, unless it does something that hasn't already been done before. FSUIPC also allows you to put the VAS number up on the titlebar which keeps it out the way if you're not using full-screen.

Ed's correct... FSUIPC Offset is the best that I know of... though I always appreciate anyone taking their time to right freeware FS Utilities!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Oh! Well ... that little pointer to a freebie seemed to go down like the Titanic. I should have added the caveat that it will probably only appeal to users with more than one monitor (and acres of empty screen space) in which to run helpful additional programs.

@krazyk - Have you ever tried reading a title bar in 4k?

@DaveCT2003 - I totally agree Dave but - as per my reply to krazyk - with the advent of higher res screens, the realities of reading that title bar in 4k are beyond my old eyes! I just let this little app run happily on another monitor and it is there as a visual and audible aid for when I need to hit the 'save' button. There is nothing quite as attention-grabbing as a female voice issuing a "Warning - High VAS Usage" alert at you as are dozing off in the descent!! 

I am not trying to undermine Petes' Software in any way, shape or form (I have been a registered user for long enough)..... it is just that I was impressed with this guys' simplistically visual and audible solution to a nagging problem that concerns us all every time we 'rotate'. We spend a lot of time planning and executing our flights and all the while the grim VAS Reaper is looking over our shoulder.  This guy took the time out to write it and I took the time out to try it - and was impressed; Hence the topic.

Live and Learn. [sigh]

Addendum:

I have absolutely no connection to Pawkbun (but I Love his Nom de Plume), Matt Davies or projectFLY.

Regards,

@MartinRex  untick Pause on Task Switch...

Jorge

The tip of the day. :)

@krazyk - Have you ever tried reading a title bar in 4k?

Apologies, your original post didn't mention you were running 4K and a multi-monitor set-up.

Pete Dowson wrote a little utility that runs via WideFS and shows available VAS & fps. I wrote a readme for it and you can find it in the AvSim Library here.

Ideal for those who have networked PCs and run FSX / P3D in full-screen.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can anyone confirm if this 'PilotsTool' works in a network PC via Widefs?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Credit  and kudos to PawkBun for creating this little gem. Just click on the projectFLY Pilot Tools button.

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards, Perry