Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

How to Remove A/C from UI

I was wondering what people feel might be the best way to remove a/c from showing up in the user interface.  I've typically removed a/c, and in particular, repaints I don't use to declutter the menu in FSX.  I've just moved to P3D 3.1.  Commenting out the [flightsim.x] line removes the a/c, but any missions that use that can't access the a/c either.  In FSX, I could get rid of the UI titles/info section under the [flightsim.x] heading and this would remove the a/c, while still leaving it accessible if needed for the simulator.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work in P3D and I was wondering if there was a better way than what I am doing?

Eric Szczesniak

Click on the favorite star for your favorite AC and then when opening select show only favorites

Jorge

I Keep a Hangar - in My sim Objects Folder - any aircraft that I want to keep current but don't want to use right now - drop it in the Hangar - Johnman B) 

Removing AC from the simobjects folder is quite valid IF you do not fly Multiplayer, that's when the replacements start to happen and you end up seeing hovering Cessnas...

Jorge