Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Super Bowl bound....

Started the trip to Santa Clara, California, today. First segment to Memphis (KMEM) for an overnight stay, then tomorrow on to Denver (KDEN) where this bird will definitely get some attention. Final segment is from Denver to San Jose (KSJC).

The first three screen shots are from yesterday's re-familiarization flight. Its been about 18 months since I last logged hours in the HondaJet, and that was before the integration of the GTN 750 into the panel.

All of these screen shots are 1280 wide, so click on any you like and you will see a larger image.

Lake%20Norman.jpg

Above: Completing a right turn north of Charlotte over beautiful Lake Norman to the final approach course for KCLT 18L

ShakeDown%20to%2018L.jpg

Short final to 18L at KCLT

Shake%20Down%20TDZ.jpg

The Panther completes a "touchdown" on 18L. Perfect practice for the Super Bowl trip...LOL

And now screen shots from today's travel segment from KCLT to KMEM:

Off%20of%20KCLT%20to%20SB.jpgClimbing out of KCLT over south central North Carolina. South Carolina lies ahead.

OVR%20KGSP.jpgNear cruise FL290 westbound over Greenville, South Carolina. KGSP Greenville-Spartanburg below.  Weather looks good so far, but the enroute trip forecast indicates that will change significantly before Memphis.

OVR%20TVA.jpgOver picturesque central Tennessee, with a man-made Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) body of water in view.  Used to generate hydroelectric power and for recreation. Some of the clearest water you may ever see in a body of water.

Appch%20WX.jpgFurther west over Tennessee over more significant mountains. And more significant weather on the horizon.

WX%20increasing-X2.jpg

Losing sight of the beautiful MSE2 Tennessee scenery but encountering interesting REX stratocumulus cloud formations.

Initial%20Appch.jpgNow in the soup on initial approach, turning back east toward KMEM.  Surface wind from the ENE so landing today on Rwy 9.

Below%20on%20final.jpg

After breaking below the overcast and now on final approach, number two for landing. You can see number one out ahead.  Visibility at 5 miles so airport is not yet in sight.  Got busy at this point so this is the final screen shot for today's flight segment.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Love that North Carolina to Tennessee.....Blue Ridge mountains and Mississippi River!

HLJAMES

Beautiful!!! Say Hello to Elvis for me when you hit Graceland :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Cool. We had a Honda jet testbed aircraft in Duluth yesterday. Unfortunately I only just arrived at work and wasn't able to get any pics

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Still on the ground in Memphis this morning waiting for the strong snowstorm to end in Denver.  This black, white, and blue livery should look good against the snow.... only I will be landing at Imagine Sim's KDEN over top of MSE2 Colorado and UltraRes Denver. I am using FSGRW but I don't expect winter textures.

Also, the climb out of Memphis will be rough with 25 kt southerly winds gusting to 45.  Will cruise at FL310 for best wind factor. All altitudes show quartering or quartering crosswinds aloft in excess of 100 knots from the southwest.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere