Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

No Brakes!

Why do I so often lose the ability to set the brakes in FS9? At the moment I am flying the TinMouse 737-200 and almost every flight, by the time I get to the runway for take-off, the brakes no longer work, either via the Saitek X52 or via the usual keyboard shortcut (which still shows OK in the assignments screen). Parking brakes still work OK.. If I reload the aircraft, then brakes are OK again (but reloading certain a/c can mean starting the flight from scratch - panels not reloading in the same state etc., and then the issue can easily repeat itself ten minutes later).

I would post to the TinMouse forum, but this has happened many times before (over the years) with other a/c, so there must be a root cause. I can't locate a conflicting key assignment for the 'full-stop' key (and pressing it after the brakes stop responding has no visible effect) - and if it were a key assignment issue, why would reloading the same plane help?

Thanks.

If you have a brake axis on the Saitek, it may need re-setting in the config and the null zone re-setting in FSUIPC. The Tinmouse Hydraulics system may need to be running as well, check the manual!

Hi, I don't think the Saitek is the issue, as the keyboard no longer operates the brakes either. If I disable the X52, still no brakes.

But thanks...

Hi Martin.

Have you manually edited your FS9.cfg? It may be that one function (unknown) is over-riding another (brakes). Doing it manually in a text editor probably won't highlight the conflict.

Try deleting the brakes keyboard assignment from within FS9 and then reassigning the same key combination, also within FS9. That may highlight the conflict if it exists.

The alternative is that you've set a different brakes combination in another application such as FSUIPC.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi, no I haven't edited the fs9.cfg file. When I try to assign the full-stop function to another action in 'assignments', it says that the key is already assigned to brakes, so that is as it should be.

I only have one key assigned via FSUIPC (the 'X' key, for traffic zapping), so I am at a loss.

Ah... that's me stumped as well then.

I do like the FSUIPC traffic zapper though: there's something very satisfying about the shotgun sound. I've been known to cruise the aprons looking for excuses...

Temporarily rename your fs9.cfg file, restart the sim and let it build a new file.  Can you now get the brakes working?  Just a thought and, who knows, it might lead you to a solution??!!

Dijvid

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but this is a very intermittent fault - it's not like I can never get the brakes to work, it's an odd glitch every now and then. I should make a note if it is aircraft specific: I know it happens in more than one a/c, but I have never noted which up to now..

Anyone any ideas here please? I still have this problem. Not fixed via the FS9.cfg file and I get it just as often in the default Cessna as any addon aircraft. Reloading the aircraft doesn't help - only restarting FS9.