Sign in to follow this  
carguy4471

Flight1 GTN as popup question

Does anyone know if using the GTN as a popup will tune the com and nav radios and run the autopilot??

Question applies to both the steam gauge and G1000 versions.

Thanks!!!

Yes on the Radio tuning, and also the transponder codes. The GTN will send proper signals to your autopilot. You will have to select the correct mode on your autopilot (HDG, NAV, GL, FD, etc). A right click on the blue card in the upper left of the frame will cycle through the available navigational devices including the default GPS500.

The CDI at the center bottom on the GTN is where you select GPS or VLOC.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yes on the Radio tuning, and the GTN will send proper signals to your autopilot. You will have to select the correct mode on your autopilot. A right click on the blue card in the upper left of the frame will cycle through the available navigational devices included the default GPS500.

The CDI on the GTN is where you select GPS or VLOC.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks ray, and does the same apply to the G1000 version?   

Thanks ray, and does the same apply to the G1000 version?

I don't understand the question, the G1000 version of what? The radio frequencies and transponder code will be updated on the G1000 MDF and PDF (for radios freq) if selected by the GTN750 or GTN650.

Some poorly coded G1000 units may not update the GPS mode (magenta line) in the PFD navigation due to poor design, but usually you can cycle between Green and Magenta and it will kick in.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

That explained it for me.  Thank you.  I know in the 182 G1000 it wouldn't plug in the magenta line but that really wasn't of much concern.  As long as it updates the com/nav radios and I could use the HSI on the G1000 to track a VOR and such, I'm all set.