Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

$629.99 my new laptop runs FSX just fine.

http://tinyurl.com/xcvtip0985

331765733964 eBay auction number.

Got this exact laptop from this exact seller on eBay: Adorama, free shipping.

Runs FSX real well.

Have the sliders about 3/4 max, everything but shadows, and also using lightest cloud  covering.

Runs at 25 fps locked in heavy scenery , (default Seattle at Boeing Airport) smooth as can be.

It just arrived tonight by UPS, just now installed FSX Acceleration.

Other brands of dense scenery are probably not going to do as well as Microsoft's however.

Still, I  am well satisfied this is great for a back up system to travel with: 17" laptop because...

it never quits or shuts down due to out of memory .

I think this laptop has just enough then, to kind of run FSX pretty well indeed for vacations and such.

It's not first rate, but for the money, a steal, in my opinion.

And makes a great computer for couch in front of the TV to surf net and such.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I think this laptop has just enough then, to kind of run FSX pretty well indeed for vacations and such.

Do you use a joystick?  All the joysticks I've seen are bigger than my laptop. 

Laptops work just fine. I have an MSI Apache Pro and run P3D with medium settings > 20fps and no issues of stutters, oom's etc. The only downside is they cannot be upgraded..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Yes, I use the Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS which is combination stick, throttle, AND rudder. The rudder is big lever that your  fingers naturally fall on when you are gripping the throttle handle. In fact they are on the back of the throttle handle. Or  you can use the twist throttle on the joystick. You can use both of those controls for rudder, or just one of those controls (either one).

The Throttle is NOT a tiny lever or little wheel. It is a full size throttle. 

Construction quality of this setup is excellent  (In my opinion better than Saitek).

And it is much cheaper too!

Only one USB connector on the laptop is needed for all those controls .

Any other USB controller will work, the CH FighterStick is great too, but does not have rudder.

The two: stick and throttle can unbolt and separate if you want, a cord connects one to the other, and single wire USB to the laptop. 

PC Windows OR PS3 (it works fine on either system type): 

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Playstation-3/dp/B001CXYMFS

PC Windows OR PS4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PJ68BK/ref=s9_al_bw_g63_i3

81ObfHCNtYL._SL1500_.jpg

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

We need a separate forum for laptop users. Every time you look for a guide to the best laptops 2016 for FSX you get posts that have been updated from 2008 or 2013. It would be interesting to find out how many FSX or P3D users use laptops rather desktops.

I am literally just in the market for a new laptop for fsx. Can I post what I have found here or should I start a new thread?

We need a separate forum for laptop users. Every time you look for a guide to the best laptops 2016 for FSX you get posts that have been updated from 2008 or 2013. It would be interesting to find out how many FSX or P3D users use laptops rather desktops.

Some time ago I communicated the idea of a specific laptop forum to AVSIM management. Their response was to add Laptop to the heading of this forum. I still think a separate laptop forum would be a good resource to those of us running laptops. I've been using a laptop since approx 2002 with flight sim. The post that started this thread is interesting as it shows you don't need to buy a top of the food chain powerhouse to run fsx or p3d. Someone could find that info helpful especially if they're on a limited budget.

Dave