Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

QualityWings – 757 P3D v3 Installer Released.

Awesome tip. Worked for me. Thanks!

Fixed the problem --  Credit goes to someone on Facebook that jscarano found and posted on QW forums.

Livery manager is looking for a registry string value called AppPath under the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3, make sure it is there, if not create it.

NEXT-The FIX:  were you have your P3D.exe file installed, the manager is looking for a file that is not there.  It is looking for slimdx.dll  , chances are you won't find it on your installation.  No worry just go to your note pad put anything in it, I just hit the "/" key and then saved it as slimdx.dll in the same area as your p3d.exe file.  WORKS!

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

I think...I used the Migration Tool for the 146, if I recall correctly. (It was a couple months ago to be sure). Probably should not have opened my mouth about it, but I may have mucked around a bit before I succeeded in getting the 146 fully functional. I'll look into it tomorrow and see if I can re-enact it.

Meanwhile I hope Sirxamoc's solution works!

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I agree...I am unaware of any problems with the 757 FMC.  In fact, also must state that the BAe146 is working fine in P3DV3.1 for me, even though there is no 'installer'. Just a little manual manipulation of things.

cheers,

The B757 FMC simply does not work in P3Dv3. That's why I don't really understand why QW has released an installer for P3Dv3 if they don't correct the FMC.

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The B757 FMC simply does not work in P3Dv3. That's why I don't really understand why QW has released an installer for P3Dv3 if they don't correct the FMC.

Edward

Can you give us an example? I made a flight yesterday KIAD KJFK and I programmed the route with the FMC and LNAV/VNAV worked as expected. It obey altitude restrictions and I shot and ILS approach.

When I load into my freshly installed 757, the FMC does not function properly. It stays at the initial power on state, but is not clickable in the VC or in the pop up panel.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I see. Everything on my install is working. I use the latest P3D installer. It found my registration key from the FSX install and it's been working without any issues.

Does it shows as active when you go in the add on manager?

The problem with the FMC is also posted with more details in the respective QW support forum.

Cheers,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The FMC is ok for me because I use it undocked on a second monitor. No problems then :)

I downloaded some new sounds as well.

I am happy to put up with using this as the number of long haul aircraft (if you can call it that) on offer for P3D is woeful

Currently I'm flying the 757 JFK-BOS with manual waypoint inputs to the FMC, working fine AFAIK. Wish I had a clue what the problem is for you guys, but alas...

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I too have no issue with the FMC, but since P3D 3.1 has arrived I have noticed that ISG Panel has become unreliable for the same reason edpatino is having with QW757 FMC, the buttons may work initially but after a very short period of time will stop working and no matter if I change aircraft and come back the buttons are unresponsive.  The problem is similar to the PMDG 737, if you do not make that the first plane you fly after the initial startup to P3D, I will have button and other system issues.

I too have no issue with the FMC, but since P3D 3.1 has arrived I have noticed that ISG Panel has become unreliable for the same reason edpatino is having with QW757 FMC, the buttons may work initially but after a very short period of time will stop working and no matter if I change aircraft and come back the buttons are unresponsive.  The problem is similar to the PMDG 737, if you do not make that the first plane you fly after the initial startup to P3D, I will have button and other system issues.

Correct. I must select the pmdg737 or QW757/146 from the initial scenario menu and then do not fly anything else in that session or problems occur. Cannot change planes or reload the a/c without losing functionality. Same thing happens with ISG related gauges.

I installed the QW 757 into P3Dv3.1 with its' P3Dv2.5 installer - before they released the P3Dv3 installer.

I did this by having changed the AppPath and the SetupPath variables in the P3Dv2 branches of the registry to point to the P3Dv3 install folder.

When the AddonManager installer ran I did not install the latest gauges.

I did a flight from KSFO to KSAN at FL360 yesterday. I entered the flight plan into the FMC including SID/STAR from scratch. After TO I switched to FLCH mode and let the autopilot control the flight. Again at TD I switched to FLCH mode to descent over LAX to KSAN. I had to hand fly the final approach into RWY09 because my 757 did not pick up the ILS; but as I realized after testing again today this is because an issue with KSAN (from LatinVFR v1.2 with the P3Dv3 installer - easily correctable with ADE btw.).

The flight was during day time, so I cannot comment about night lighting. All AC lights worked as they should for the whole flight.
The FMS can be opened from the VC and then you need to work with the 2D version of it. You cannot click the buttons of the "VC"-FMC. I do not recall if it was always like this.

Yes, if I load another AC before the QW757 I see the FMC being inoperative as for everybody else. But if I start my flight right away with the 757 everything works fine for me - not one reason to complain.

Best

Frank

Hello,

With the dll and the the 2 fonts, I'm curently flying the 757 with a great pleasure.

cheers

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX