Sign in to follow this  
Bonez947

Landing Fees and Airport Charges

If anyone is interested in landing fees and airport charges for major airports, I have created a website that I am putting everything together in one place.  The website is: sharperaviation.com  Right now it is mostly US airports, but I do have a couple other airports.  Everyday that I have time I try to add more.  The information is as current and accurate as possible, but this information does change frequently in a lot of places.  

I decided to create the website because I like to add as much realism to my flights as possible.  I personally like to try to add a financial/economical aspect to my flights.  I have found that finding the information is easy for some airports and extremely difficult for others.  Take a look if you're interested and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Shaun Harper

Shaun, what a great idea and excellent info so far! I'm curious, do landing fees (for example) include the price of ATC? I always wondered what ATC would charge for GA aircraft on VFR vs IFR (if that is even done).

But thanks for the work so far  - much appreciated!

Mario Di Lauro

Mario,

Thanks for checking it out.  I'm not too sure how the rest of the world does it, but in the US there is no fee for ATC.  I mean there is no airport that I know of that charges specifically a fee for ATC service.  ATC service is paid for by taxes.  Landing fees are for the owner of the airport to cover the cost of running the airport.  

London's Stansted (EGSS) has an air navigation charge for all aircraft landing.  I believe that is a fee for ATC service for that specific airport.  I'm pretty sure that the Philippines charge for ATC whenever in their airspace also.

Shaun

This is an great idea!

I like the style of your website

Regards,

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020