Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft pushes Windows 10 as ‘recommended’ Windows update

meh...win7 is just fine.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Those who say that all their addons work just fine in Win10, clearly

do not have any Reality XP gauges installed in their airplanes  :wink:

Bert

for any windows 10 haters, you might as well get use to it now, any new hardware builds newer than the 6700k will only allow windows 10 to be installed.Intel is working with microsoft to block intel chips from installing windows 8.1 or windows 7.

Do you have a reliable source for that information?

To be honest, we're talking about security/1st party support, not compatibility. Of course Skylake will be compatible with 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and prior if you want it to be.

For anyone whose system(s) shut down recently for an apparent update, here's what was done. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Guest Mik75

Oh no! I just had an update last night, and I also recognised that l, all of a sudden, nearly 10 GB of HDD space were gone. And right now, I realised, that after a fresh install of everything, not too along ago, I forgot to disable the automatic updates.

I hope, that it won't install Win10 automatically when I turn on the machine next time. Everything just works flawlessly right now, and that would probably mess up my FSX and P3D install...

Those who say that all their addons work just fine in Win10, clearly

do not have any Reality XP gauges installed in their airplanes  :wink:

I take it from this that RXP FLT / FLN gauges do not work in W10 (as they do not in W8.1).  RXP GNS430 is OK in W8.1 FSX.  Is it still OK in W10 FSX?

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Upgrading to Windows 10 is an option, not an automatic update. If Microsoft tried the latter without getting permission from its respective customers, they would be sued out of existence.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

the update to win 10 was sitting there waiting for me today.does anyone know what happens if you click on the update to win 10 and select hide update ,does it stop it or not

Peter

Upgrading to Windows 10 is an option, not an automatic update. If Microsoft tried the latter without getting permission from its respective customers, they would be sued out of existence.

I don't think they're going to get sued for updating their own product.

Brandon Filer

I take it from this that RXP FLT / FLN gauges do not work in W10 (as they do not in W8.1).  RXP GNS430 is OK in W8.1 FSX.  Is it still OK in W10 FSX?

I believe the answer is NO

Bert

I don't think they're going to get sued for updating their own product.

Maybe I am mistaken here. Are we talking about a Windows 10 update for existing Windows 10 users, or an update that automatically upgrades Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10? If it's the former (as I now suspect), then disregard my comments as the ravings of a lunatic :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Check out the Forbes article I linked.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Is anyone else having issues with SimConnect based addons after the Windows 10 updates over the last few days?  It would seem that the update nerfs Simconnect somehow, but I haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

Also - disabling automatic updates in Windows 10 may not work.  If you want to avoid any updates going forward, also set your network connection to "Metered", and that'll prevent Win10 from downloading updates automatically.

what MS doesnt tell any one is that most of them did not get the upgrade from MS but rather from those who have already installed it.. us users are being used as mail boxes by MS  i.e. you not only pay for the data download to get it installed but then you pay for the data upload to everyone else..

This feature can be switched off but MS doesnt tell anyone that.

Yeah, the ######s.. It's not like they put it up on a sign explicitly stating that during install and... Oh wait..