Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

American Truck Simulator

Bill,

This fella

https://www.youtube.com/user/DaSquirrelsNuts

is closely involved with the devs and has already demonstrated some mods that he likes. It's a nice programme as is ETS. But I haven't got the time to use it plus other stuff.

I take Paul's commentary and advise with a huge grain of salt. His ATS videos do seem quite a bit better than his quirky and goofy performances vis-à-vis ETS2 though.

Keep in mind that Paul makes his living from his streaming videos and software/hardware endorsements, so that's another pinch of salt needed... :He He:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you are asking about mods for ATS, I seriously doubt there is much if anything for it yet.

be great if aircraft mods became availble for this sort of game. I mean not to fly in, just planes and helicopters whizzing about overhead.  Maybe thats already in the game though?

be great if aircraft mods became availble for this sort of game. I mean not to fly in, just planes and helicopters whizzing about overhead.  Maybe thats already in the game though?

I've seen a few crop dusters whizzing by.  I think I've also seen a larger aircraft coming in for a landing somewhere, but I can't recall.  I'm also darn sure that I saw a UFO in Nevada whiz past at night, but I can't be sure on that, since it wasn't much more than a light quickly crossing overhead.

I'm usually quite focused on the road though - I find when my eyes stray, so does my truck...

I'm quite enjoying ATS.  Last night I pushed a longer run without resting. The first time my in-game self yawned, I nearly jumped.  I wasn't expecting that!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yes, as stated above ATS already has 'airliners' and 'GA' flying in fixed tracks. With the amount of compression used, the runways are ridiculously short. Don't look at them too closely though and it does provide some amusement. :He He:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, as stated above ATS already has 'airliners' and 'GA' flying in fixed tracks. With the amount of compression used, the runways are ridiculously short. Don't look at them too closely though and it does provide some amusement. :He He:

That's great and adds to the immersion factor I guess.

I'm also darn sure that I saw a UFO in Nevada whiz past at night

How many beers Jimmy?  :P

Hey check out this user getting his moneys worth from ATS

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P121U_LdTa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Although I'm still waiting for someone to port the multiplayer mod over

Seems like it has been ported over. Check here. If you had an account on their ETS2MP forum/website then that login will work for ATSMP forum/website as well.

Yes there is an ATS version, but I meant a Mac OS X version of the multiplayer client. For some reason they don't want to port it over and claim the ever changing SCS patches as a reason. I asked some time ago on their forum and was met with some severe teenage aggression from a mod/developer about Mac OS X being a "lame" OS and I'm stupid for using it etc, so I just moved on and realised it's probably not the forum or community for me even though I would have happily helped write such a port if they didn't have the ability or will to do so. 

Is there a analogous site to AVSIM for ATS?

Please note, you have to sign in to see the various subforums, otherwise it states none.

http://truckpol.proboards.com/

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I meant a Mac OS X version of the multiplayer client.

Ah, my bad. I don't visit the forums much either for that exact reason. I'm sure you know of all the emulation methods - aren't you inclined to try one of those on your OSX? Multiplayer really adds to the fun (convoys with friends) so I hope you find a way to make it work.

Yep, the 32-bit used to work under emulation, but the 64-bit version won't work at the moment, and they've unfortunately dropped support for it. My only choice now is to buy the Windows version and run it on my bootcamp partition.

Tony, I did a quick search of ETS2MP forums regarding MAC compatibility and although I doubt the program itself will ever be ported to another platform, I did come across a few posts mentioning the use of some tool called 'Wine'. I have never used Mac OSX so forgive my lack of knowledge but a quick Google search makes me think that this 'Wine' tool is probably what you're looking for, instead of using Virtualization software or BootCamp. Perhaps this is a quick and effective way to get multiplayer working?

Thanks for looking Karan. Yep, wine allows Mac OS X to run Windows programs somewhat, but it only worked with the 32-bit client and not the 64-bit client. I think I'll just bite the bullet and install it into Bootcamp. It's not a huge problem, because this is also how i have to run P3D

Found  these interesting  series  of  video  on how  to drive  a truck as per  the rw  truck

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I ended up buy ATS as it is only £14.  But until some more mods are released i'll stick with ETS 2 promods and Russian map with Russian Trucks.  I wish that they had made ATS an addon to ETS2 rather than entirely standalone.

Ian R Tyldesley

The mighty Kenworth W900 is released! Gorgeous looking truck that is!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12