Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

American Truck Simulator

Which nVidia Inspector settings are most of you using? Because the default ingame AA is er............ not too good, to put it mildly. :wink:

I want to assign a button on my Logitech G27 gear shifter base for reverse. This works fine for "Real Automatic" transmission, but this mode doesn't seem to want to change gear automatically!!

As for the AA and AF, I have to agree. There is quite a lot of shimmer....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Gents try upping the Scaling to 300 or 400% in the graphics options, that will deal with the shimmer etc.

To map a G27 H-Shifter (I have a TM wheel/shifter but the principle is the same), you need to map each gear position (like a button) 1-6 and R. Set to Range and use a button of your choice for shifter toggle 1, to be able to smoothly switch between gear ranges 1-6 and 7-10. It took me a while to work it out, there's plenty of help out there if you Google for it, but try this:

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/input_config.php

That isn't working for me, Dave. The simulator flatly refuses to acknowledge the position of each gear on my H shifter.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As for the AA and AF, I have to agree. There is quite a lot of shimmer....

I found some Inspector settings that solve most of the shimmering and jaggie edges: the game looks a thousand times better now. I will post them later on. But I am still interested in what others are using because I myself can't imagine anyone liking this game with default AA. It's as if I was using my old Atari 1040STfm. ;)

Interested in your NI settings as this game really has a bad case of the shimmers.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

What exactly is shimmering? Are you not simply referring to poor anti-aliasing on straight lines?

In my case it is the horrible wiggly objects in the distance. NI 8x sparse grid supersampling did not help and also 4x dsr did not help.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

What exactly is shimmering? Are you not simply referring to poor anti-aliasing on straight lines?

I am referring to the bad AA indeed but some call it shimmering because everything seems to move.

Interested in your NI settings as this game really has a bad case of the shimmers.

I am not at home right now but here's what I did:

- create a profile for ATS (do not forget to add the exe to it).

- set Antialiasing compatibility to 0x000010C5 (simply type that in if the drop down menu doesn't show it)

- set Antialiasing mode to Override any application setting

- set Antialiasing Setting to 4x [4x Multisampling]

- set Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling

In the game itself, very important, make sure to disable MLAA and set Scaling at 100%.

You could also try 0x080010C1 instead of 0x000010C5: I am reading different entries everywhere so that's why I wondered what everyone here was using.

In the game itself, very important, make sure to disable MLAA and set Scaling at 100%.

Wow this is exactly the opposite to what I did. Just up the scaling to 400%, it makes a big difference. On my 2560x1440 monitor 300% scaling is enough for great image quality. I just leave everything else in the Nvidia CP at default.

Never had any issues with ingame AA, just set scaling to 150 or 200% on my 1680x1050 display, all good. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Wow this is exactly the opposite to what I did. Just up the scaling to 400%, it makes a big difference. On my 2560x1440 monitor 300% scaling is enough for great image quality.

I agree - I use a 1440 monitor as well, and I find I don't even have to go to 400% to make it quite livable.  I've never dipped into NI for this title.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I am not at home right now but here's what I did:

- create a profile for ATS (do not forget to add the exe to it).

- set Antialiasing compatibility to 0x000010C5 (simply type that in if the drop down menu doesn't show it)

- set Antialiasing mode to Override any application setting

- set Antialiasing Setting to 4x [4x Multisampling]

- set Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling

Thanks for the setting. I tried it on ETS2, AA never looks so good! :)

Wow this is exactly the opposite to what I did. Just up the scaling to 400%, it makes a big difference. On my 2560x1440 monitor 300% scaling is enough for great image quality. I just leave everything else in the Nvidia CP at default.

Never had any issues with ingame AA, just set scaling to 150 or 200% on my 1680x1050 display, all good. :)

I agree - I use a 1440 monitor as well, and I find I don't even have to go to 400% to make it quite livable.  I've never dipped into NI for this title.

You gotta love computers.  :wink: Luckily there are different ways of getting things done for those who don't have any succes with one option.

Guys. Come on. This topic has ran for three weeks now and has turned into a Truck Simulator technical support thread with constant discussions about video drivers, AA settings and mod file structure etc.   Flight-sim newbies coming onto Avsim may well be wondering what's going on, and why so many seasoned flight- simmers are now playing at driving trucks and discussing Truck Sim here instead of flight-simming.

I'm all for boyz toyz. But how about we lock this topic now please as its pushing onto 4,000 views!

Or else move this topic to a dedicated technical discussion on Avsim. Or maybe start up a new topic on the Truck Simulator forum proper. But enough already.

Thank you

-