Sign in to follow this  
cliffardus

A tip to make it easier to use the radio landing minimum knob?

Sorry, how is that done? You can't set the MDA/DH in the FMS in the 777 to my knowledge.

I too would be interested to know how to use the FMC to make this setting

Cliff

If I recall correctly (doubtful because I've yet to have my coffee), [blah blah blah, said DISP CTL instead of EFIS CTL - wrong, see below].

EDIT: You can set it in the EFIS CTL settings. MENU > EFIS CTL > [Change to ON] > EFIS > MINS SET (select RADIO/BARO above it).

Kyle Rodgers

Ha ha...that is actually a nice one.....the only thing is that this TRANSFERS the whole EFIS control function from the L/R (as selected) EFIS control panel to the CDU.

In other words your left or right EFIS control panel no longer works then (failed)....or at least, it shouldnt work anymore after that.......I have not tried in the PMDG though.

That is actually the reason this function is there in the first place....it allows setting stuff on your PDF even with a failed EFIS control panel.

Anyway, If you enter the minimums into the CDU they should only appear on the PDF that you have failed the EFIS control panel for.

The other side minimums still need to be set with the normal selector.

Unless you simply choose to not set the minimums on the other side at all.

However, the "approaching minimums" and "minimums" call, are linked to the Capt side minimums.

So they must be set.

And so, to make use of this little trick You would have to fail the Capt side EFIS control panel :-(

If the PMDG allows the use of both CDU and EFIS control panel side by side (without failing the EFIS control panel) then this is quite a nice little find :-)

Rob Robson