Sign in to follow this  
AJT1967

A question about Aerosoft Sceneries

Hi community,

Firstly, I am not trying to pan Aerosoft, nor am I trying to start any flame wars on this forum, I just really have a single basic question.

I do not have the most powerful computer; I have an i5 with 8Gb RAM, a 250Gb SSD, and a 660Ti video card. I am not in a position at the moment where I can upgrade unfortunately.

I just want to know if Aerosoft scenery is any harder on a computer than any other freeware / payware out there? I tend to fly a lot of short regional flights in Europe, but at quite a few of the AS airports, I seem to get low frames on final approach. I've tweaked and tweaked lots of things, but I get a feeling that there is just a very high level of detail in the AS sceneries. I mostly fly between the UK, France, Germany, Austria etc, and I will be tracking down some freeware airports such as De Gaulle.

I also recall reading once that the default scenery for France in FSX was frame hungry, but I cannot recall why exactly. I use FTX Global, and REX Overdrive only.

Appreciate some opinions.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Aerosoft is a publisher for many different developers, so you don't always know what you'll get. Some sceneries are good, some aren't. In other words, you can't realy compare Aerosoft to e.g. FlyTampa or FSDT.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Andrew,

I don't own any Aerosoft scenary (just FSDT) but I have read that some have options during install (and after) to configure level of detail and other performance-related options.  You should research and find out if what you're interested in has this feature.  On a general level though you can always lower your sliders if frames aren't acceptable.

You really need to invest in a better video card my friend....

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL