Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

New Zealand Sheepfest.

Stew, Thanks

Yeah, I run the Multiplayer tool I created using the spreadsheet entries. If it can't find the exact paint, I look for a similar aircraft, if it's a model that I own then I will get the repaint. Otherwise I alias it to the closest thing I can find. In your case I believe it was Bry that created a "proxy" for the Porter, I then "aliased" a paint in that Porter to your exact paint "title". It kind of worked out nice for Gunter too, Nick had created a "proxy" for the Islander and when Gunter switched over to it, by "pure luck"  FS automatically aliased over to Nick's proxy.

Note - All this aliasing etc... must be done before starting FS. That's why I bowed out upon the 1st connection to MP. Did some aliasing, then restarted FS.

Sounds confusing but it really isn't that difficult, :Silly: may take a few tries to get a work flow down. Once used to the flow it takes just minutes (<5) to get it all setup for a Saturday session,,,, as long as everyone puts their paint title in the spreadsheet. :db:  That is the KEY to making it work.

If wanted the program link is listed at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Even if not using the program itself the readme has a "kind of" tutorial of the steps taken. The tool just helps the steps.

Beats the pants of seeing a trike! LOL

Great report Roman. I don't know how you do it, foteegraffin' an' flahing an' all.

Thanks Ron, Kinda reads like a NASCAR fan sayin' that n'all.. LOL!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

That worked then. :good:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Stew, Thanks

Yeah, I run the Multiplayer tool I created using the spreadsheet entries. If it can't find the exact paint, I look for a similar aircraft, if it's a model that I own then I will get the repaint. Otherwise I alias it to the closest thing I can find. In your case I believe it was Bry that created a "proxy" for the Porter, I then "aliased" a paint in that Porter to your exact paint "title". It kind of worked out nice for Gunter too, Nick had created a "proxy" for the Islander and when Gunter switched over to it, by "pure luck"  FS automatically aliased over to Nick's proxy.

Note - All this aliasing etc... must be done before starting FS. That's why I bowed out upon the 1st connection to MP. Did some aliasing, then restarted FS.

Sounds confusing but it really isn't that difficult, :Silly: may take a few tries to get a work flow down. Once used to the flow it takes just minutes (<5) to get it all setup for a Saturday session,,,, as long as everyone puts their paint title in the spreadsheet. :db:  That is the KEY to making it work.

If wanted the program link is listed at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Even if not using the program itself the readme has a "kind of" tutorial of the steps taken. The tool just helps the steps.

Beats the pants of seeing a trike! LOL

Roman, Any chance I could use that Susi Air livery for the FSD Porter?  Perhaps not.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Stew,

Sorry bud. The only one I know of is for the Tim Conrad "Piglet" Porter. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=187623

Alas - there's something over here but I cannot get into the library nor nowhere else. http://www.indoflyer.net/Forum/tm.asp?m=462291

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks, Roman.  I have the paint for Conrad's Porter.  The one thing I don't like about his Porter is that it doesn't have an autopilot.  For short hops, it's not a big deal.  But on a long series like we had on Saturday, it can be a hassle.  I got into the library at indoflyer, and somebody posted his paint for the FSD Porter, but didn't post a link for it.  And it's not in the library, that I could find anyway.  A couple of guys asked for an upload, but I don't read Indonesian, so don't know what his answer was. 

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"