Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

I am having a blast... With the Level-d 767

The level-d 767 is much much easier to handle than the ifly 747. Manual flying and AP response (especially under acceleration).

The iFly is very good system wise but not as good as the level-d for dynamics and AP control in general. Perhaps because with (much) lesser FPS, the AP is lagging behind.

I know the iFly FDE have been discussed. My view is that iFly probably made it too realistic for a PC simulator with the flip side that it's difficult to handle and very sensitive to FS weather and environment.

For leisure flyer like me, I'd rather have it a bit more forgiving. My 2 cents.

Ghiom

From my short time using it, I haven't found any problems with the iFly. It handles everything beautifully. I must admits it does move around a little more, being affected by turbulence and wind gusts more so then other add-ons I've used.

I actually applaud that. Watching any videos of take-off/landing, the yoke is being worked considerably depending on the aircraft. Is the iFly TOO affected by wx? Can't say because I've never flown one.

I've always found too many add-ons just 'fly the rails' even in heavy weather. And very little aileron movement is needed. Perhaps a little unrealistic. I'm finding with the iFly, it rolls more then most other add-ons with WX.

Glad we have so many amazing options. I spent many many hours in the 767 from the fs2002 days. Happy times.

Mark L.

Yes, I must admit I like when my planes fly the rails. The FS environment is not designed for too much realism.

I don't have a copilot with me!

My main complain with the iFly planes is that no matter how you plan your VNAV deacent with wind forecast and alt restriction, you ALWAYS ens up overspeeding on the path especially due to the high initial descent rate (almost a dive).

I have exchanged this at length on the iFly forum and it's not unusual in the real world it appears. Yet it bothers me.

Are there any widescreen 2D panels available for this?

Thanks,

Henning

Yes, in the Members Download section of the Level-D forum.

Guys, I know this is a FS9 Fourm and I'm an FSXer but I implore with tears. Has anyone got their LVL D to run in FSX since Windows10 installed? I can't use mine because it hangs my sim too much. Hours researching and no solution. Seems to be a common problem out there. Just to problamatic since installing Windows 10. Wondering if anyone has found a solution.

Vic green

Guys, I know this is a FS9 Fourm and I'm an FSXer but I implore with tears. Has anyone got their LVL D to run in FSX since Windows10 installed? I can't use mine because it hangs my sim too much. Hours researching and no solution. Seems to be a common problem out there. Just to problamatic since installing Windows 10. Wondering if anyone has found a solution.

I haven't tried it on Windows 10.

The only thing I can tell you is to ask in the official Level-D support forum.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Thank you Jaime,

The only solution I find in the Fourms is that Level D is working on the problem but I have little faith Level D still exist. I do not think they have worked on anything for several years. I don't want to go back to Windows 7,  not impressed with what I've seen of Capt Sim so I regrettably live with out a 767.

Vic green

Thank you Jaime,

The only solution I find in the Fourms is that Level D is working on the problem but I have little faith Level D still exist. I do not think they have worked on anything for several years. I don't want to go back to Windows 7,  not impressed with what I've seen of Capt Sim so I regrettably live with out a 767.

If you, like myself, love the 767 so much this could be a great excuse to get X-Plane 10 and try the Flight Factor 767! :)

Jaime Beneyto

I love the LVL D 767 , its one of my favorite A/C add ons , its just a shame nothing can be done about the FS9 version using its own Mag Var  which is years out of date and causes runway centerlines to be off set more and more each year as Mag Var changes.... i know the FSX version does not suffer this problem.

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Unless there is a patch for the Level-d/FS9 we are stuck with the old operating system. There are SOME individuals that can make Level-D/FSX work in windows 8,10, but the majority is stuck.

I still use Windows XP and FS9/Level-D. With no more security updates for XP maxes me wonder how long i can go.

I just might walk away from flight simulation. 

I had a nice run,been involved in it since 1998 and with multiple aircraft ad dons.

Dream fleet 737

Level-D 767

PSS 757

PMDG 737-747

Eaglesoft citation II 

Always come back to Level-D. If and i do mean IF they come out with a patch for Level-D  FS9/FSX  i will stay,otherwise i will not upgrade my PC.

If they dont come up with a patch, i will ride this as long as i can and then just walk away . It was a nice run.

nebojsa

I still use Windows XP and FS9/Level-D. With no more security updates for XP maxes me wonder how long i can go.

If you isolate the computer from the internet, there's no problem.

You could have your dedicated LDS767 simulator on an old XP system.

I just might walk away from flight simulation.

Come on nebojsa! There's still life after the LDS-767, we know it's a great plane, but you don't have to commit "FS suicide" :)

Jaime Beneyto

There's still life after the LDS-767

Jamie

Life after does not include the Flight Factor 767 does it ..... really !!

for now, cheers

john martin

The Pilot in Command 767 was the one which got me simming in the first place. I saw it on my colleagues desktop in work and went Woahh, what's that!

Review actually here

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0301/767pic/pic.html

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Life after does not include the Flight Factor 767 does it ..... really !!

Well, John, I'm not implying that!

I'm just saying it would be sad (and in my honest opinion, silly) to abandon such a "healthy" hobby just because a 15-year-old product is "discontinued".

The LDS-767 is (or was) a truly great product. I spent MOST of my flying hours on it. But now I've moved on to other products that are equally or more satisfying. And I'm not mentioning the FF767 in particular because I haven't tried it. The LDS-767 boxed edition is standing proudly on my shelf together with other memorable products.

Also the LDS-767 was not "perfect". Great yes, but it had its quirks also.

This comes from someone who is REALLY attached to the past (even obsessively so, sometimes): Life moves on! :)

The Pilot in Command 767 was the one which got me simming in the first place. I saw it on my colleagues desktop in work and went Woahh, what's that!

Review actually here

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0301/767pic/pic.html

Thanks for that Jude!

Evokes great memories reading those reviews!

• Upvote 1

Jaime Beneyto

I was a good deal thinner, and my monitor was a good deal larger! 19" CRT was the bees knees back then.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020