Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Mods for Dave Maltby's BAC 1-11

Modifications to the freeware BAC 1-11 series aircraft by Dave Maltby with the exception of the 1-11-510ED because it uses a different avionics fit.

These modifications improve FSX compatibility, iron out some bugs and enhance some features.

The aircraft and panel package(s) for the 1-11 have to be installed in order to use this!

Features
  • Added switch, button, knob, etc... sounds
  • Changed entire APU system to use FSX' default APU
  • Changed engine fire extingusher logic
  • Modifed engine start logic
  • Recoded bleed air pressure system
  • Added keyboard controls for spoilers
  • Changed "Mixture lever increase" clickspot behaviour
  • Modified airspeed indicator bugs
  • Added autothrottle switch
  • Better tooltips for some instruments
  • Imagetool and a suitable batch file for texture conversion into FSX' .dds format are included

Download

The latest revision of the file can always be downloaded from here. Read the Readme!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thank you for this! Always really liked Maltby's 1-11, but haven't flown is since I migrated to FSX-SE. Looking forward to trying it again.

Cheers,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Save for the usual portover issues (lower FPS, untextured areas are black), the 1-11 works really well for me in FSXSE (after the upgrade).

I've turned this into a more comprehensive upgrade. With Dave's permission, all 1-11 models were converted into FSX native format which means less of a performance hit and self-shadowing. The whole range of models from the 200 to the 510ED with hush kits is included. I've also updated the panel for the 510ED and reorganized the structure of shared files to minimize duplication.

The old download link is not valid anymore.

The most current version of the upgrade can always be obtained from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMRzZ3UEFCemw5aDg/view?usp=sharing

More information on my website:

https://sites.google.com/site/fsxstuffbybk/aircraft-modifications/bac-1-11

A new revision is up, fixing the missing lightmaps and small visual anomalies on the 475, 510 and 510ED models.

The download link remains the same. Make sure to install the converted lightmaps when upgrading.

Next revision: Fixed the shading on the pedestal and some other minor bits and enabled night textures in the wings of the VC models and specular functionality in the 500 series VCs.

See post #4 for the download link.

Upgrade by replacing all "[model]_Int.mdl" files.

Wow!  Thank you for putting all this work into making this old girl even better!   This plane is one of my favorites, better than a lot of payware.  Even better now.!

David Norman Paul

Some nice changes, well done. I might have revisit this noise maker in the near future.

Thanks, guys!

I honestly haven't had time to fly it yet as I got sidetracked with the t-tailed equivalent from the other side of the pond.

I am having a bit of an issue, which may have nothing to do with your changes.  But for some reason my left fuel tank is depleting much faster than the other two.   I started with 30 percent in each tank for a short flight from EGPF to EGCC.   After taking off and climbing for a couple of minutes, I have 25.9% in left tank, and 29.6% in the other two.  APU is off.

Any idea what might be wrong?

David Norman Paul

Just tried it again, same thing.   After 5 or 6 minutes, left is all the way down to 21%, while the other two are over 27%.  Tried in both a -400 and a -500 version.

David Norman Paul

Just tried it again, this time with 40% in each side tank, nothing in the center.   Only the left tank is being depleted.  

David Norman Paul

I re-installed the unmodified version, and the fuel is working normally.  But I can only get the engines going using CTRL-E, which seems to be disabled in the modified version-- might this be a clue?

David Norman Paul

I think I removed CTRL+E support for a more realistic engine start. Remember that you always need bleed air from the APU (or a GPU) to start a jet engine.

The fuel system was left untouched by me. Looking at the code, tank selection seems to be driven by the fuel pumps, so make sure that they're switched on.

- Edit:

Just checked the fuel system in FSX. It draws normally from all tanks for me.

I wonder if (and why) I am the only person this is happening to.   Fuel pump switches are all on.   No problem starting the engines with your mods.   It is the unmodified version that won't start.  The APU is on and has air enabled, but the APU generator won't come on.   All this works like it should in your version.  But it has the fuel issue.  

David Norman Paul