Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Mods for Dave Maltby's BAC 1-11

Is this mod compatible with FS2004? If not how do I get the cockpit sounds to work in FS2004?

Regards

Lonz

Just checked the gauge edits that I did and my verdict is "Not compatible" due to partially using FSX-only code.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I tried to get these to work but APU wouldn't boot which is essentially the fix for FSX. Shame as the cockpit sounds are great!

Regards

Lonz

This:

gauge10=..\0_DM_1-11_510ED_FSX!APU_PROCESS,  1,1,1,1
gauge11=..\0_DM_1-11_510ED_FSX!510_PROCESSING,  5,5,1,1
//gauge11=..\0_DM_1-11_510ED_FSX!BAC_1-11-510_Systems,  5,5,1,1
gauge20=..\0_DM_1-11_FSX!APU_PROCESS,  1,1,1,1
gauge21=..\0_DM_1-11_FSX!PROCESSING,  5,5,1,1
//gauge21=..\0_DM_1-11_FSX!BAC_1-11_Systems,  5,5,1,1

using 510_PROCESSING.xml, PROCESSING.xml as well as any file that has "APU_" in it from the original FS9 releases

and

using the [GeneralEngineData] section from the original, unmodified, FS9 aircraft.cfg files

are the keys of getting the APU back while retaining the switch sounds, but killing most of my system improvement. No guarantees that it'll work, but it's the only shot you have.

This is all I want to do for you. Now please promise me that you will figure this out on your own and not come back with questions. I really don't want to write how-to novels or add a new layer to package version control logistics and support because of a single FS9 user.

Edited by Bjoern

Hi there.. Im having a problem with the engines. The fluctuate back and forth when idling and they never seem to shut down completely.. Any idea what I have done wrong. I am lost.

Cheers.

I have split your post off of the 2 year old thread and gave you your own topic with the same title.  Necroposting is frowned upon.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi there.

I have issues with the engines. They have a strange spooling motion especially when idling they bounce up and down and then when cutting the fuel off they engines continue to spin. I have no idea what I have done wrong.

This thread has been locked.  Use the one I created for you with the same title.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

9 minutes ago, RampagegoeseRAWR said:

Yeah and thanks for the warning. I had no idea this had been open and it was illegal to post on a 2 year old post!.

No problem!  This thread/topic is all yours now and more likely to get some answers.  I did see a site that featured a lot of modifications for Dave Maltby's BAC 1-11.  It was called FSX Addons by BK.  Easy Google search.

Charlie Aron

Necroposting is perfectly fine for my threads as I use them for support. So please reopen the old one and lock this one or merge them back together.

As for the engines, it might be a controller issue. Do you use external hardware for mixture control?

Edited by Bjoern

12 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Necroposting is perfectly fine for my threads as I use them for support. So please reopen the old one and lock this one or merge them back together.

As for the engines, it might be a controller issue. Do you use external hardware for mixture control?

Well, can't believe I got it right.  OK, it's reopened and merged.

Charlie Aron

18 hours ago, charliearon said:

Well, can't believe I got it right.  OK, it's reopened and merged.

Thanks.