Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

VNAV issues - P3D V3

Hello, today I have experience for the second time in a row some strange issues with my VNAV upon descent. After about 1 or 2 minutes into the descent, the auto throttle would just set 100% power until the plane overspeeds and the climb like crazy to reduce the speed.

I have checked all the speed infos on the FMS, and they were correct. There were no stall warnings or anything unusual before this thrust issue occurred. The only way to continue my descent was using FLCH or manual V/S.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

I`m using P3D V3 and last 777 version.

Thanks

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Where was your physical throttle set? Did you leave it at full throttle during the VNAV descent? I found this was causing the same issue that you describe..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hello, today I have experience for the second time in a row some strange issues with my VNAV upon descent. After about 1 or 2 minutes into the descent, the auto throttle would just set 100% power until the plane overspeeds and the climb like crazy to reduce the speed.

The default throttle setting for your hardware is AT OVERRIDE: ONLY IN ARM.

This means that, when your AT mode drops to ARM in the descent, it defers to your physical throttle position, which, guessing by your text, was left at the firewall since takeoff. The ability to adjust the throttles in ARM mode is true to the real aircraft, as well (which is why the option is offered).

You can either reduce the throttle yourself prior to T/D, or you can change the setting to AT OVERRIDE: NEVER.

Note: This may not happen every time as the sim may ignore the hardware throttle position until an "updated" position is sent. For example, if your hardware has been reporting 100% since takeoff, the sim is ignoring it because the position hasn't changed. If the signal varies even slightly, this is seen as an update. So, if the data stream is:

100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 99.9, 100

...the sim sees the change at 99.9 and "wakes up" to the hardware and firewalls the throttles.

In the real aircraft, the throttles have servos in them such that when IDLE is commanded, the physical levers move back. Your hardware likely doesn't have servos, so you have to manually move them back as the throttles roll back to IDLE at T/D.

Thanks

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Where was your physical throttle set? Did you leave it at full throttle during the VNAV descent? I found this was causing the same issue that you describe..

Yes, my throttle was set to full as I usually leave it like that after takeoff. Will try to set it back next time.

Thiago Braun

The default throttle setting for your hardware is AT OVERRIDE: ONLY IN ARM.

This means that, when your AT mode drops to ARM in the descent, it defers to your physical throttle position, which, guessing by your text, was left at the firewall since takeoff. The ability to adjust the throttles in ARM mode is true to the real aircraft, as well (which is why the option is offered).

You can either reduce the throttle yourself prior to T/D, or you can change the setting to AT OVERRIDE: NEVER.

Note: This may not happen every time as the sim may ignore the hardware throttle position until an "updated" position is sent. For example, if your hardware has been reporting 100% since takeoff, the sim is ignoring it because the position hasn't changed. If the signal varies even slightly, this is seen as an update. So, if the data stream is:

100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 99.9, 100

...the sim sees the change at 99.9 and "wakes up" to the hardware and firewalls the throttles.

In the real aircraft, the throttles have servos in them such that when IDLE is commanded, the physical levers move back. Your hardware likely doesn't have servos, so you have to manually move them back as the throttles roll back to IDLE at T/D.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Thanks a lot! Will do that!

Thiago Braun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus