Sign in to follow this  
Libra204

In search for a complex aircraft

Dear All,

my request might sound a bit weird, but please take some time to skim through it. :)

Basically, I am looking for a complex aircraft to fly. I have flown the following types extensively. I put my remarks next to each one, feel free to comment on them

• RealAir Duke - superb aircraft, graphics are perfect FPS is great. I dont like the disappearing mouse and the fact the there is only one, non-dimmable cockpit light, ie. dials cannot be lit separately. No system failures, so it is not so good in this respect.
  • RealAir Duke Turbine - same as above, and it has system failures, good FPS,
  • Razbam Metroliner - it would be a cool thing to ride but there are some serious issues, eg. invisible cockpit light switches on the bottom of the central pedestal, no system failures, and very forgiving engines, practically you can ram the throttle and nothing happens, good FPS,
  • PMDG MD-11 - one of the best, excellent flight experience, good FPS, sloppy cockpit graphic resolution, but systemwise a perfect and very enjoyable plane
  • PMDG JS41 - one of the best birds, complex, good FPS, it has the feel i guess. i cannot really recall any negative point, maybe the lack of FMS/FMC. I know Honeywell.. Landing lights are only default FSX though.
  • AS Airbus 318/319 - good eye candy planes but systemwise not as deep and complex as the MD-11. Mediocre FPS at add-on aerodromes.
  • A2A C-172 - very good, impeccable but slow, good FPS,
  • Sibwings An2 - one of the best. Excellent dynamics, splendid cockipt, failures are modelled. Cokpit lights rule as well. Regrettably, the plane is very slow, and has no autopilot, good FPS,
  • Tu154 - my favourite aircraft, logged neary 300 hrs in it. Complex and all, however, graphic-wise not so good, not an eye-candy from the outside, good FPS,
  • Carenado planes - toys for kids, all are the same, i have BE200, C340 and C210. All behave like a default Cessna.

So I am thinking about buying Majestic Q400, it would be a fabulous addition to my hangar. Do you think that plane's cockpit has the "feel" the "atmosphere"? I very often find myself embedded in the cockpit as it just transits me to a different dimension, you know :) How about the Q400? I am looking for an aircraft that cruises around 300kts, and you need to "attend to it", need to be careful with your moves etc.

I dont like Boeings.

So, please let me know your thoughts on the above.

Thanks

Csaba

Why not try the ultimate passenger aeroplane... Concorde. Cruise 11 miles up at 23 miles a minute. 1350mph! :smile:

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/concorde-x/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'd recommend the iFly 747. I just purchased it recently and its stunningly accurate and complex. Was my first iFly aircraft after being impatient waiting for the other 747. Doubt I'd change now it's so good.

The Concorde Sounds good too.

Four good choices.

PMDG 777

PMDG 737NGX

Majestic Q400

FSX Concorde

Or wait for the PMDG 747v2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Four good choices.

PMDG 777

PMDG 737NGX

Majestic Q400

FSX Concorde

Or wait for the PMDG 747v2

He said he didn't like Boeings. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

He said he didn't like Boeings. :wink:

Ops, didn't see that part.

Guess the Q400 or Concorde would be the way to go.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fully recommend the Majestic Q400 - more specifically the newly released PRO version. Heads up guidance system, working circuit breakers, 2D panel + 3D cockpit... etc. Full-on study sim. 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Q400 pro is nothing short of stunning. It makes you work, systems all there, weird but accurate FMC, good fps, HUD, failures, shared cockpit, external flight dynamics. And the VC is one of the best.

yep  go for the q400 pro

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Q400. The BEST. 

Everything good said above. I don't know that you need the Pro version unless you specifically want the extra features it includes. I didn't so the $50 version was fine for me. 

Did I mention... THE BEST? 

Eddie
KABQ

Hi All

Thanks for your input. One of you mentioned SimCheck A300? Whats your take on that plane? Is it a thing of the past in terms of graphics etc?

Regards

Csaba

I just got the RealAir Legacy V2.  It is a great plane.  It is fast, somewhat aerobatic, has all sorts of options and is one you have to manage the landings as it doesn't want to slow down like other planes.

Tom

The Majestic Q400 is, in my opinion, the best aircraft simulation available for FSX.

It has everything you're looking for and is unbelievably frame rate friendly for a simulation of its depth.  It will keep you busy from pushback to shutdown and you can cruise at altitudes where you can enjoy the scenery.  

If you haven't already, check out Marshall Arbitman's Youtube channel.  He's currently doing an around-the-world flight in the Q400.  In addition to knowing his way around the aircraft, he does a top-notch job of producing entertaining and informative videos.

Richard P. Kelly