Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FTX: EU ESSA Stockholm Arlanda Airport Released

I already have  Arlanda by Aerosoft. What would this new scenery add or better?

Thanks

I already have  Arlanda by Aerosoft. What would this new scenery add or better?

Thanks

Try it and report back ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Arlanda published by Aerosoft is almost 10 years old if my memory serves so obviously you will get a much more up-to-date scenery with this new version of ESSA published by Orbx which is also fully compatible with P3Dv3.x for instance.

Looking at the Aerosoft version of ESSA there's lots of bugs like how the taxiway lights are misaligned, lots (most) of the taxiways signs are missing, working DME's are missing for some of the runways just to mention a few things.

Then reading on the product page for this new scenery from Orbx I think that pretty clearly gives you a hint what to expect from this new scenery looking at features and things included.

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

With large ORBX airports it's about performance. You know they're going to look good. Hopefully, they've learned some optimization tricks since they did their last large airport. Melbourne and Brisbane were both tough on performance. If this one is better, I'm sure I'll get it.

NAX669.png

Installed it a couple of hours ago and have been sitting with a big grin on my face ever since.

I was in the RealAir Legacy, sitting behind 5 AI aircraft holding at the runway, looking back at the terminals and was still getting a solid 30 fps. Overhead the airport, looking down once I had taken off, I was getting 40+ fps.

This is in P3D3.1, and I'd just put in a 980Ti card last night and had been testing that with pretty high settings, which I left as they were before trying out ESSA. So I am more than happy with the performance and the airport looks gorgeous.

Jack

• Upvote 1

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

That is super good news Jack, thanks for reporting back and I'm looking forward to try out the finished product myself when I get home after work tonight.

Richard Åsberg

Its awesome. FPS is great too.

I don't understand the complaints regarding Global?

I would love to have the UK2000 airports perfectly 'blend' with FTX Global textures but they don't so I move on and either live with it or not.

The developer of ESSA has already stated that it will work fine without Global but the blending wont be as good with other textures. 

To be honest though, the FTX global textures are so good Im not sure why you wouldn't want them? Unless you have GEX I suppose......

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback, have just purchased it and will install and test this evening.

Regards

I have two p3d systems - one with FTX Global and one with GEP3D. I didn't buy THIS airport but I have purchased others and used the freeware on both systems and I really haven't noticed anything unusual on the NON Global system. Actually, I prefer the GEP3D system. I'm sure there are SOME airports that may have more noticeable issues but so far so good with mine.

Like it or not, it's a smart business model - "you want it to be perfect? Use ALL our products together!"

IMHO, they should make it a little clearer that it WILL look just fine w/o Global, just that it looks better WITH it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I am interested too, if some one could do a EKCH to ESSA with PM 737 or 777 just to check vas and fluidity?

I have two p3d systems - one with FTX Global and one with GEP3D. 

How it is possible with one registry? I'd like to have this set-up as well, but at the same time I'd like to incorporate many other items such as PMDG birds on two sims.

Great feedback on first impressions Jack and Glenn - looks to be an instant buy once I make it back home.

And Vic, you're bang on about the smart marketing (though FTX certainly wouldn't be first to promote an "ecosystem"... :wink:). The Airport should (as you've demonstrated) work just fine without Global, but I assume with more obvious blending artifacts.

I am interested too, if some one could do a EKCH to ESSA with PM 737 or 777 just to check vas and fluidity?

Just did a takeoff and land in the PMDG 737...and low and behold an OOM!

Using an I5 2500 @ 3.2 gig, 2gig AMD card, 16gb ram in FSX SE

Cheers,

Just did a takeoff and land in the PMDG 737...and low and behold an OOM!

What!  :sad:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Obviously this won't be of much help when you're running FSX:SE but I just loaded up the new airport in P3Dv3.1 and sitting at gate 1 in the v/c of the NGX with all FTX Global products installed (Global, openLC and Vector) and ASN providing real time weather I have approx 1.6 GB VAS left which is very good and my FPS was around 60.

So with this said I guess the performance will of course be different depending on what platform you use and what hardware you use but this is nothing new to us flight simmers. 

• Upvote 3

Richard Åsberg