Sign in to follow this  
dappercorleon

Offloading to second rig

Hello all,

First time actually posting here - I've been lurking for years.  :)  I'm having a really hard time searching for my topic, and not coming up with anything - so I decided to take a shot at posting.  I hope that this is the correct sub-forum - please inform me if it needs to be moved.

I've got several apple / android devices that I setup with FSX - they work great.  There are 5 of them that I'm using and each one has its own server that it uses to push the data to the devices.

I'd like to use a second PC to run all the servers for those mobile apps and take them off the main pc.  I'm not sure how to successfully do this...  I've heard of using a second pc to inject weather and other specialized needs, but I can't seem to find anything specific to this.  (which this can't be too out of the box of an idea?)

I've tried using "WideView" (wideview.it), but that doesn't seem to pass hardly any data.

Would a licensed copy of FSUIPC help here? Thank you in advance for your help.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I'm no expert but...there are usually 3 standard options: WideFS, SimConnect or directly through FSUIPC.  It depends on the app in question and whether its compatible with these technologies.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Hi Ilya,

Thank you for your reply.  I found some stuff on SimConnect and will look more into FSUIPC.  

Think I'm going to need another cup of coffee.  :)

Dan

You will need a licenced version of fsuipc and wide fs, these both talk to each other and will allow you to run any acars on another pc and anything else that connects to the sim via fsuipc. Active sky next uses sim connect so you will need to set that up. If you use EFB that has its own components to do this. EFB and wide fs are extremely simple to set up but sim connect is a little trickier. Froogle has a video which explains all three. Hope this helps.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the confirmation the licensed versions of fsuipc and wide fs are what I'm needing here. I hope the offset in financial resources makes up for the decrease in cpu resources?  (sorry, that was a reeeeaaaly bad joke)

Dan

My problem is half fixed now.  :)

Got  the client app servers installed on the client pc and am getting data from the server (main rig).  My problem now is that when I try and interface with the apps, they're talking to the client rig and the commands are not making it back to the main rig..

Does anyone know if there a way to re-direct all the control commands sent to the client server over to the main server?  This seems like it would be an option somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere.