Sign in to follow this  
Vapourize

Prepar3D v2 configuration with new GPU

Hey guys, 

I've just replaced my Gigabyte HD7850 by Gigabyte R9 380X 4GB Gaming. I dont know why but i get a few fps more only by new gpu. I've installed new drivers (100% sure) and i dont know how i could have 15 - 20 fps in P3D - 737 on KDEN scenery. It's weird cause sometimes my fps is jumping around 10-35!! I want to have it stable and smooth. My Settings are not just like ''everything on ultra''. I have FX8350 processor 4.2gHz. And please dont tell me that Prepar3D is better with nvidia cause i hear it everywhere... I have AMD, cause AMD is cheeper and better in the other games. Please help me to optimize my P3Dv2 correctly to have stable FPS and smooth interface 

Thanks in advance!

After you installed your new video card, did you clear out the shader cache as well?

Yup - clearing the P3D shader cache is one of the things you should do after installing a new video card (it's listed in the LM FAQ). Delete the Shaders folder located here

C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3\

After you get back into the sim, the first few flights may be a bit stuttery as the cache rebuilds itself, but will smooth out after.

i did this and fps are quite the same as with the old card :/ 

FPS are like with the old card but sometimes for the next 2-3 seconds it is going up about 10-15+ and again down 

Hi.

I run the MSI 390, OK, it's a step up from the 380 but it runs absolutely fine in P3Dv3. I used to run a Nvidia Titan until it burnt out on me, like you, I went for AMD because of the price however. AMD is where I'm going to stay in future.

Have you checked the settings in the AMD software to check that it's not over riding your P3D settings?

Phil

Don't know what i have to do. I've deleted this shaders and i have still the same graphics as i had... 

So if you right click on your desk top, there's nothing comes up that says AMD settings?

Nothing, everything is default. 

-drivers installed

-shaders deleted

-cfg deleted and created new

-settings in P3D the same