Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Just saying Hi

Hi. Been into flightsims for years - Falcon 3.0, Su-27 Flanker, Mig-29 and F-16 back in the day. I flew for a virtual airline back when FS98 was in fashion! (Lynx) good old Proflight 98 planner and submitting PIREPS based on honesty. I didn't do VATSIM or online too much back then.

Had Flight Assignment ATP too! :D Anyhow I got into consoles so my PC became more and more outdated.

However, recently got hold of a more up to date one which can run FSX quite happily so my interest has once again been piqued. A friend bought me FSX steam edition and I'm gradually getting back to civilian flight simming. 

I'll be asking a few questions, but I'll try and post them in the correct sections. (mainly around DX10 issues, the fixer, and obtaining some repaints if they exist etc.)

System spec:-

Intel core i7 950 quadcore @ just over 3GHz

24Gb of RAM

2Gb Nvidia GTX 650

Win 7 ultimate 64 bit

Thrustmaster HOTAS X stick

Just under a terabyte of available storage! :D :D

Cheers!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

HI...

If you're just starting out - you may want to give P3D a look before you commit to FSX... Many people report better performance and it has a free trial... It's based on FSX - so many addons work just fine in P3D... It's also DX10 so you don't have to worry about converting files...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks Scott. I'll have a look, but I wouldn't like my friend to be offended if I switched :) I've got FSX behaving with an acceptable fps. Not less than 17 briefly at an updated Manchester airport when using a POSKY 777 freighter, or the little Piaggio Avanti (obtained from flyawaysimulation).

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Scott

I've always wanted to try P3D but never found a trial option. Just checked and cant see it - is there really a trial version?

Thanks

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert

Hello HighBypass,   Welcome to the Forums. 

Rupert

You can try the Trail Licence at 10 Dollars a month.  Or you can Purchase Prepar3D and if your not happy, They offer a 60 day refund policy 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Elaine - I see where you're coming from but I didn't interpret that as a free trial. Always something new to learn in this!

Best

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert