Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Your thoughts about this rig...

Hi,

A little update :

I updated my BIOS fine thanks to EZFlash and then proceeded to install Windows 10. I followed some advices to optimize Windows 10 and managed to partition my SSHD. I am very pleased about how fast the system boots up.

I then installed the MB drivers from CD with Chipset and SATA drivers first, and updated them when needed. My computer is still not connected to Internet right now.

I have however two questions :

1 - When I look at Asus website for WIFI Driver, I can find 2 of them and can not understand the difference. It seems to me that it is 2 different drivers and not an updated version of the other. Also, the size is very different :

- ASUS WIFI driver_Win10 32/64 bit_V10.0.0.149---(WHQL)​  - 287 mb from 2015/11/26

- ASUS Wi-Fi Driver V12.0.0.137 for Windows Win10 64bit---(WHQL)​ - 50 mb from 2015/09/18 which is the one that came with the CD and that I have currently installed.

What do you think about this? Should I install the other?

2 - Should I install the Intel Graphics Accelerator driver or is it better to only install Nvidia driver for the GTX970 as I will not use CPU internal graphic chip?

Thanks for your help!

I am following this guide to correctly setup my computer for FSX. It is worst a look I think  :

http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

Best regards,

Pierre

I'm not  a fan of the simforums stuff. It's way over the top in my view and outdated. Keep it simple. You don't need to follow that stuff. 

I usually install the Intel graphics driver, just to know all is up to date and that all that is associated with a driver, has that driver. It doesn't matter that you won't be using it.

Without seeing the Asus page you are referring to it's difficult to comment on your WIFI driver.