Sign in to follow this  
CCA2277

I can't change any display settings like FXAA OR AA through the RadeonPro or Radeon Software Crimson Edition

I'm using the AMD R9 390X. And I can't change the FXAA settings through the RadeonPro or Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The P3D display settings is not suitable for me. I want further changes.

I've reinstall the system and P3D finding that is not my hardware wrong. It can change the settings for FSX but once turn to P3D. It fails again. I don't know what's wrong. Or amd is not support the P3D. The only way is buy a Nvdia Cards?

And sorry for my poor English.

The Radeon software and the nVidea control panel often times don't let you change some settings in certain games.  I do not know if there is an AMD equivelent of nVidia Inspector (3rd party) that gives you acces to all settings for all games (and some hidden driver settings).  But if there is, that itself won't guarantee that you get results in-game.  Certain 3D applications simplly won't respond to some or any of these driver-forced settings.

According to a few things I've read here and elsewhere, the main thing that you can get to work (at least with nVidia Inspector) is Sparse-Grid Supersampling.  Depending on how high your resolution is, you may need more or less anti-aliasing than this, but I am curring using SG4xSS with MSAA in-game at 8x.  That is almost perfect in-game with no shimmering at 1080p.

If you have higher res, you can probably do less of each of the above and avoid shimmering (trees mostly), if using less than 1080, you may want to look into regular supersampling.

Good luck

Super should try and take your virtual resolution 2560x1440 screen that will replace the lack of filters

I run a 390 through a 4k 40 inch TV, I only ever use photo scenery. I don't use FXAA and I find that at full resolution, I don't need any anti aliasing at all.

Phil