Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

Prepar3D v3.1 future updates

Hi all

I know LM are continuing to work hard on developing what is already a superb platform... and I love it - great stability and performance.

I was wondering if anyone "in the know" (Rob Ainscough.... im looking at you, as usual, you poor guy..... :wink:) is aware of future planned updates. Im in no hurry as I love the current build, however there are a couple of issues that 3.1 introduced that developers are struggling with. Namely...

• PMDG: issues with external lights not creating splashes (a work around being you have to start at night i think...)
  • Majestic: Something causing their wonderful Q400 to need a beta version of one of their DLL files to correct some issues that apparently are due to P3D coding changes (im under the impression that its still not a complete fix...)

Im wondeing whether LM are aware of the "issues", indeed acknowledge them as "issues", and if so, whether they plan have them fixed for v3.2. PMDG have made comment before that LM aren't the most responsive of developers (bigger fish to fry i guess) but am hopeful that given the wonderful, enthusiastic and proacive community that we are, word is getting back to LM by plenty of other means (Rob... looking at you again! :P)

Are there any other P3D testers/developers gracing us with the presence over here?

Best wishes

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Thanks for the heads up Vincent. Can't believe that errant head movement is finally going to be fixed. I wouldnt be surprised if people find themselves missing it when its gone! :)

Im still hopeful the other issues in my post will be addressed. And another I have subsequently thought of - being able to switch between complex planes! I think that one is only partially in LM's hands.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire