Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

GTN750 in B58

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

So are you saying that you have gone back to the two 650's? Or are you pushing forward with the two 750's?

In your first post you mentioned - "I used two gtn750s with Bert's resizings. but I couldn't get that to work either. I'm back to the GTN750 stack and run it on a second monitor."

There is no reason why it should not work - maybe your panel.CFG has some errors in it.  Also not sure why certain buttons don't work as all mine work - again maybe the panel.CFG has errors - check your panel.CFG again if you want I can also send you the details of mine.

Do you use FSUIPC5?  I have my GTN 750's configured to a hotkey for the pop-ups.  You should't have to run them on a second monitor.

As far as the COM/NAV-1 on one GTN and COM/NAV-2 on the other, that's easy - see my link to a screenshot - the second button down from the top of the F1-GTN-Config is titled Radios - click on it and set it to the GTN you want. - https://photos.app.goo.gl/VVxiyCP5pLmknmcn6

Let me know how you make out.

Thank you... Yes re: the second button as you described Com1/Nav1 for 650 unit 1 and Com2/Nav2 for 650 unit 2. but they do NOT work independently. despite.. I'm using the freeware version of FSUIP4.   I think I'm going to just use the 650's as substitutes for stock 430's along with analog stock nav/vor2 avionics provided.   I will use my beloved gtn750 where the A/C allows good integration into the panel with proper backlighting etc...

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

My two 650s are linked as well, they are both in GPS or VLOC mode, but cannot be changed independently..

Even so, in GPS mode, the lower 650 will drive the VOR2 gauge via its NAV2 radio since it is not the master.. so what you are attempting to do will work.  :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

26 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

My two 650s are linked as well, they are both in GPS or VLOC mode, but cannot be changed independently..

Even so, in GPS mode, the lower 650 will drive the VOR2 gauge via its NAV2 radio since it is not the master.. so what you are attempting to do will work.  :wink:

Bert,   Perfect.  That's exactly what I want to do.  But I can't get the 650 to change to and display the NAV frequencies. I actually did by mistake but it changed back to COM which I don't need or prefer for the second 650...  Thanks 

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

54 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

Bert,   Perfect.  That's exactly what I want to do.  But I can't get the 650 to change to and display the NAV frequencies. I actually did by mistake but it changed back to COM which I don't need or prefer for the second 650...  Thanks 

Middle mouse wheel click on the lower right knob.

• Like 1

Bert

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Middle mouse wheel click on the lower right knob.

Bert, Perfect timing, brother. I was JUST now struggling with that. Middle wheel changes from Com to NAV - check..

Next. Why do both units , when you hover the mouse over the blue tab/button (under the COM/push squelch). say "Active nav source unit 1 click right to change"??? and Yes they were properly configured in the Flt1 CFG as unit unit 2 respectively. Then rebooted. When you right click on either BOTH change to unit 2. I'm chasing my tail on this

21 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

Bert, Perfect timing, brother. I was JUST now struggling with that. Middle wheel changes from Com to NAV - check..

Next. Why do both units , when you hover the mouse over the blue tab/button (under the COM/push squelch). say "Active nav source unit 1 click right to change"??? and Yes they were properly configured in the Flt1 CFG as unit unit 2 respectively. Then rebooted. When you right click on either BOTH change to unit 2. I'm chasing my tail on this

Not quite sure what you are doing now... the active unit is the one driving the autopilot.

By default, that would be the upper (GNS650_1, NAV1) unit.

DO NOT change this.. just leave it alone :smile:

If you mouse over the memory card slot as you are doing, both units should tell you the same thing, namely which unit is the active navigation source

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not quite sure what you are doing now... the active unit is the one driving the autopilot.

By default, that would be the upper (GNS650_1, NAV1) unit.

DO NOT change this.. just leave it alone :smile:

If you mouse over the memory card slot as you are doing, both units should tell you the same thing, namely which unit is the active navigation source

I can't mouse over the SIM card slot on both units at the same time for a picture to show but .  Even after properly  Flight1 configured as GTN650 unit1 and GTN unit2, they both (when moused over) say "Active nav source unit 1 click right to change"? I did get the FREQ to change COM to NAV as you pointed out. Thanks. The 2nd unit DOES display different NAV Frequencies as the other. I've noticed the second unit is very slow clicking and screen changing.. Another interesting thing the new GTN Complete (750/650) does is create another Panel file "panel XgaugeWizard.cfg. along with the panel. Are we supposed to now modify both the panel.cfg AND panel XgaugeWizard.cfg to duplicates?  The only mods I made were in the panel.cfg..

Thanks again for the assistance

What you are seeing is correct!

If Unit1 is the active navigation device, BOTH units will tell you that!

• Like 1

Bert

If the second unit is slow, change the CPU Core it is assigned to in the ini file.

Never heard of an Xgauge... cfg file :unsure:

But look here: http://was.hifisim.com/ASXDocumentation/xgauge.html

And check the VOR2 gauge, it will respond to the NAV2 frequency dialed in on the lower unit..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

"

"What you are seeing is correct!

If Unit1 is the active navigation device, BOTH units will tell you that!"

missed this earlier. Thanks for this confirmation. I can stop chasing this rabbit..It's not logical though.  unit 1 should say unit 1 and unit 2 should say unit 2.   avoids confusion..

3 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

It's not logical though.  unit 1 should say unit 1 and unit 2 should say unit 2.   avoids confusion..

Sorry, you are still confused...

Both units tell you the SAME THING  :smile:

Bert

yes I understand after I read this post... was just thanking you again..

• Like 1

I tried Stefans mod, but as I don't know which gauges he is using below the the GTN 750 unit there's a big gap which does look...well....ugly. Any ideas how to fill this gap or how to add the gauges Stefan is using?

The gap cannot be filled as the Carenado B58's cockpit was built with two GNS-430's.  The gap is the slight separation between the two GNS-430's and is part of the 3D model.  Only Carenado can change this and the odds of them ever revisiting the B58 are nil.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

12 hours ago, felan09 said:

I tried Stefans mod, but as I don't know which gauges he is using below the the GTN 750 unit there's a big gap which does look...well....ugly. Any ideas how to fill this gap or how to add the gauges Stefan is using?

Stefan stuck a Radio below the GTN..

gauge10=P92Gauges!SL30_ants,  172,428,332,82

You can choose any radio you own and put it there instead..

I stuck in a Transponder

gauge10=BF33_Trans!transponder, 174, 434, 328, 68

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert