Sign in to follow this  
carguy4471

Share your skylake overclock settings

For those that are running skylake, would you mind sharing what your setting are, cooling, ram, ram voltages, etc....???

I'm about to finish up my skylake build with a 6600k running an evo 212 and Gskill DDR4 3000 RAM.  I'd love to find a nice stable 4.4 that would be 24/7 safe.  But for everyone else working on or considering a skylake build I think seeing the results everyone is getting would be great.  Myself, I'm not an avid overclocker but certainly not new to it either.  Knowing the methods folks used, the bclk, multis and voltages etc would be really helpful.  

Thanks everyone!!!

You have a 6600K ... K meaning unlocked multiplier . You don't need to touch blck and all that old school stuff. Just increase your multiplier and increase voltage a little until it's stable. There might be a ram setting too like XMP profile. That might only be with Corsair though not sure.

Test with Intel burn test or prime or whatever else people use these days. I use Realtemp to monitor temps.

Here's some other people's skylake settings

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wQwYMGsSnMpKxrEesNVUSoP7hGykFWw1ygJsxwx64e8/htmlview?pli=1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think I only saw 1 6600k in there without water cooling and he had his voltages WAY up.     Not much in there for samples related to mere mortals, lol.   

What make motherboard? If Asus, and you're only after a very modest 4.4, just give 5 way optimisation a try, or flip the TPU switch on the motherboard. 

4.4 should be very easy. Multiplier up, adjust voltage accordingly. But don't set the XMP profile for your RAM till after you adjust multiplier and voltage. Not all CPU/motherboard combos can handle the higher XMP setting, despite the fact your RAM alone is rated for it. At 4.4 you shouldn't have any issues though it's a very small overclock. 

Gordon gave me this link in another post, https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18692676 "8 Packs'" settings for 6700k about 3rd of page down.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.