Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Ready to switch to P3Dv3, but...

I use the Flight Sim Estonia Migration Tool to install addons that are meant for FSX, into P3D. 

I've used it to install multiple scenery, many aircraft, and other addons that are meant for FSX.

It saves a lot of time, saves the trouble of mucking around in the registry files. Best of all, any addons you have for FSX, you can install into P3D without buying a separate installer, that is dedicated for P3D, saving you some money. 

Chaps, what is the best nVidia driver version for v3? Or better to ask - are newest driver revisions completely safe? I'm on GTX 960, and still keeping 355.82 version from September last year .

Thanks!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I'm so eager to send FSX to retirement, and I want SO BADLY to switch to P3D v3.1, I can't help myself! Not because FSX is bad or not behaving as it should or similiar, it's just OLD and simply is screaming for retirement, aaaand I purchased P3D v3 like the first day it is released, couldn't hold my horses. Now I want to see my money properly invested!

I installed v3 two months ago just to test it, and was amazed how good it is, how smooth, and performance was superb with my GTX 960 2gb, didn't expected that! Then I uninstalled it after few days of testing due to low hard disk space and went back to good old FSX.

Now, I have so many questions about v3, addons compatibility, etc, I don't know where to start. I will talk about addons without I can't fly in FSX and that are a must have for me.

So:

- EZDOK, is it compatible, any glitches during install and during flight?

- Fs2Crew NGX, is it compatible? Working without hickups?

- ASN, everything working as it should, like in FSX? Is there any difference in fps hit (if any) when overcast, etc?

- MyTraffic 6? I see that it can be installed, are there any prons and cons comapring to FSX? I heard somewhere that FPS hit is bigger than in FSX which would be a huge let down for me.

- FsMovMap/gMap, does they work with v3?

- Pro Flight Emulator? Compatible? Can't fly without it! Any solutions if it isn't? I don't like PRO ATC X and it's logic.

- QuickILS? It would be cool if it works.

- REX Essential? Is there any procedure for installing textures except pointing to P3D v3 folder? DX10 compatibility checkbox and such? Water animation is ok?

- Shade? Is it compatible, and does v3 do a good job with shadows to make Shade not essential?

- when I want to install some aircraft or addon which doesn't have v3 installer (like Lotus L-39 for example), what is procedure? What is a general procedure when installing addons that doesn't have v3 installer?

Is there any good tips I should know about scenery installing?

Ahhh too many stuff, and I thought I'm ready to switch!  :fool:

Thanks you guys! :)

cheers!

have you tried it with addons such as high quality aircraft and airports i dont think the performance will be superb lol, i have a gtx 970 4gb overclockable

tried the ngx with flytampa dubai fps was 20ish dips to 17-18 fps and that just plain stupid,

so be careful before you invest in a lot of stuff again for p3d make sure you test it with couple of heavy addons then make your decision.

in my opinion p3d is just fsx with improved graphics.

P3D(v3) is NOT an update/upgrade to FSX, or any other sim or version, & MUST be regarded as a totally new & different sim.

The fact that there compatibilities with some add-ons that are not really intended for it is very much a bonus.

Hence the different & separate pricings.

I think that maybe having this kind of mindset will not disappoint.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

P3D(v3) is NOT an update/upgrade to FSX, or any other sim or version, & MUST be regarded as a totally new & different sim.

The fact that there compatibilities with some add-ons that are not really intended for it is very much a bonus.

Hence the different & separate pricings.

I think that maybe having this kind of mindset will not disappoint.

with all due respect sir but p3d is built through fsx engine all they did is modification to its system & sadly high end pc's still struggle to run it with out problems

• Upvote 2

Yes, Ahmed, FSX & P3D do/did share the same core engine, but it should be very obvious by now how different they are.

DTG is licensed to redistribute FSX, with mods to make it more efficient on modern PC's. So, that should take us, with Service Pack 1, 2, Accelleration & the Steam version, to about 4x updates.

LM has purchased, not licensed, the intellectual property ,(including source code) for the Microsoft ESP product. Microsoft ESP is the commercial-use version of "Flight Simulator X SP2", & there have been 14 releases/updates by now.

With all due respect, it should be pretty obvious by now, that P3D is not another FSX clone & thus should be regarded as a separate simulation, with all it's implications, also obviously not for the entertainment market, as per it's EULA. I'm sure LM's clients, the likes of Redbird, as just one example, are happy with P3D's performance.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Latest drivers run like clockwork on my ancient GTX580...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

have you tried it with addons such as high quality aircraft and airports i dont think the performance will be superb lol, i have a gtx 970 4gb overclockable

tried the ngx with flytampa dubai fps was 20ish dips to 17-18 fps and that just plain stupid,

so be careful before you invest in a lot of stuff again for p3d make sure you test it with couple of heavy addons then make your decision.

in my opinion p3d is just fsx with improved graphics.

I've tried NGX, with ASN, REX, and without ai traffic, smooth as butter, above 30fps in most cases. Well, I will put it this way - in FSX with the same settings (autogen/scenery, no traffic, same airport, same plane) I get around 80fps in FSX DX10, default c172 sitting on runway 34 on updated AFCAD LSZH, and in P3D v3, with  added eye candy (cloud shadows, water reflection and volumetric fog) I get also ~80fps, much smoother performance, instant texture loading, and not to mention much better VAS management and some cool features like you can still hear the sounds froma sim when it is unfocused or minimized! Is that not enough for a migration? Anyway as stated above some airports will probably cause some problems in v3, but I'm not using complex airports atm, just Zinertek's HD Airport Graphics and mostly Ray Smith's updated default airports.

So, no, it's not just FSX with improved graphics.  :wink:

Latest drivers run like clockwork on my ancient GTX580...

Thanks, good to know!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yes, Ahmed, FSX & P3D do/did share the same core engine, but it should be very obvious by now how different they are.

DTG is licensed to redistribute FSX, with mods to make it more efficient on modern PC's. So, that should take us, with Service Pack 1, 2, Accelleration & the Steam version, to about 4x updates.

LM has purchased, not licensed, the intellectual property ,(including source code) for the Microsoft ESP product. Microsoft ESP is the commercial-use version of "Flight Simulator X SP2", & there have been 14 releases/updates by now.

With all due respect, it should be pretty obvious by now, that P3D is not another FSX clone & thus should be regarded as a separate simulation, with all it's implications, also obviously not for the entertainment market, as per it's EULA. I'm sure LM's clients, the likes of Redbird, as just one example, are happy with P3D's performance.

yes sir noted

:hi:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I've tried NGX, with ASN, REX, and without ai traffic, smooth as butter, above 30fps in most cases. Well, I will put it this way - in FSX with the same settings (autogen/scenery, no traffic, same airport, same plane) I get around 80fps in FSX DX10, default c172 sitting on runway 34 on updated AFCAD LSZH, and in P3D v3, with  added eye candy (cloud shadows, water reflection and volumetric fog) I get also ~80fps, much smoother performance, instant texture loading, and not to mention much better VAS management and some cool features like you can still hear the sounds froma sim when it is unfocused or minimized! Is that not enough for a migration? Anyway as stated above some airports will probably cause some problems in v3, but I'm not using complex airports atm, just Zinertek's HD Airport Graphics and mostly Ray Smith's updated default airports.

So, no, it's not just FSX with improved graphics.  :wink:

Thanks, good to know!

mmm then i guess the problem is within my p3d because there is no way i would only get 20 fps and below with my sys with settings on medium. by the way my p3d is v3.0 not 3.1 could that be the problem for low fps, my nvidia driver is 353.62 not the latest could that also be the problem for low fps ? any help would be appreciated.

my sys specs are

intel skylake i5 6400 quad core 2.70ghz (overclock-able)

gtx 970 4gb (overclock-able)

samsung evo 850 250gb SSD

EVGA 750W PSU

1. Overclock your cpu. My i3770k is @4.6ghz. 2.7ghz is too low.

2. Update your display driver

3. Delete prepar3d.cfg and shader cache folder

Test your fps on default airport and with default Bonanza, it should be at least 40-60 frames on your machine. If fps is still low, maybe your cpu is bottleneck, yoir gpu is better than mine (gtx 960).

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Exaclty

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

2. Update your display driver

3. Delete prepar3d.cfg and shader cache folder

Test your fps on default airport and with default Bonanza, it should be at least 40-60 frames on your machine. If fps is still low, maybe your cpu is bottleneck, yoir gpu is better than mine (gtx 960).

Cheers

thank you for the advise , so an overclock is a must im actually a noob with overclocking , should i overclock the cpu through BIOS settings?

my fps with everything default is like you said  60 to 80

does overclock reduce the cpu performance in the long run?