Sign in to follow this  
anishzute

How do AI Traffic Schedules Work?

Hi guys,

Quick question here: I'm running P3Dv3 and I'm pretty new to the p3d scene. I owned FSX:deluxe but never really made the switch from fs9. However, with all the shiny new features of P3d, I decided it was time to upgrade. That said, I installed FlyTampa's gorgeous St. Maarten scenery and have come across a slight issue. I have installed every single current WOAI package into my sim, however I don't see a single AI aircraft at TFFJ (St. Barths), ever. Traffic seems to work just fine to everywhere else. So I decided to snoop around and found that the only traffic package from WOAI serving TFFJ is the winair package, which I had already installed. However, the package says it contains the summer 2009 schedules. Does this mean I have to be flying in Summer 2009 (sim time) in order to see the traffic at this airport?

Thanks in advance!

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that I also use VOXATC to inject traffic.

Sounds like you never converted the WOAI traffic files to FSX format, a common thing that is overlooked when people install FS9 traffic files into FSX without converting them.

Also the answer is no to your second question. The date of the schedule or season doesn't make any difference to P3D.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Jim!

I had not realised that converting the plans to FSX was a necessity. I have found this thread on flightsim.com and will post here if it solves the problem. And great to hear the second part because I prefer flying in realtime with real world weather, especially on VATSIM!

It worked! I followed the thread I posted earlier and I now see a plethora of Winair traffic at TFFJ! Now to download some more variety! :D

Sounds like you never converted the WOAI traffic files to FSX format, a common thing that is overlooked when people install FS9 traffic files into FSX without converting them.

Also the answer is no to your second question. The date of the schedule or season doesn't make any difference to P3D.

I have Orbix FSX Global, NOCAL, and SCA…

At 50% traffic, I've tried KPSP, KLAS,KBUR, KLAX ...I see plenty of AI aircraft in the air, and they look good… But… nothing on the ground… And no I haven't converted the WOAI aircraft but if it shows up in the air, shouldn't Aircraft show up on the ground?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2