Sign in to follow this  
tonyheg

My EFIS panel builder has partially stopped

I have been using Efis Panel builder successfully since 2014 with x-plane and PB on the same machine.  Recently I put together a new machine on which I run x-plane and I installed the x-plane interface leaving Panel Builder on the old machine.  Everything again worked fine.  I then installed Prepar3d V3 on the new computer and thinking that all that was needed was to install the Prepar3d v2 interface, but it didn't work properly, so I returned to x-plane for the moment.  Unfortunately a number of the gauges no longer work with x-plane.  Indicators for Flaps, glide slope, localizer, oil temp and pressure, artificial horizon, radio and, course, and heading bug on the hsi, and wind all work so I feel that rules out a network problem.

Indication of heading, altitude,  speed,  vertical speed and rpm are all showing zero.

I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall to no effect.  I thought that I had removed all traces on the uninstall but when I reinstalled, no activation was needed so I must have left some files somewhere. 

I have temporarily installed a demo version of the gauges on a laptop with wifi and everything worked perfectly.

I installed comschecker but this was not helpful as while it showed "Network interface not detected" for nonworking guages, it also showed the same for some of the guages that are working such as wind speed and direction, and radios.  Normal data flow is shown for some other instruments that are in fact working.

Computers are connected to the network by a switch.

I badly need some expert help!! 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This sounds like your firewall is blocking some instruments. When you do a reinstall make sure that the 'Add instruments to firewall' is checked. This is one of the last dialogs during the install. You can see it adding them when a black box appears and it shows each instrument being added (this is fast, you probably can't read it).

When using comms checker, Panel Builder should not run. It runs instead of Panel Builder to show you the values coming from the sim. It should run on the same computer as Panel Builder.

So, I recommend a reinstall of Panel Builder. I don't know why it would sto working, unless something changed in your computer. How many network interfaces do you have on your computer? Check our FAQ about this on our website, http://simplugins.com

Re P3D, yes, all that is required is the interface. Any P3D interface should work, even the version 1 interface. You didn't say what the issues were, only that it didn't work.

Thanks for the very quick reply. I have worked my way through the FAQ on the website.  I only have the one network interface as far as i can figure.  My technical knowledge is somewhat limited.  I am away for the week-end but I will do a new install next week as you suggest and post the result.

My first uninstall and reinstall did not improve things even though the "firewall" box was already ticked when I got to it.  As you felt that it was a firewall problem I then disabled the firewall and, wonder of wonders everything worked.  So I deleted all Panel builder files from the firewall and did another reinstall.  This time everything worked. 

I have no idea how it went wrong in the first place as at the moment I  use that computer solely for the panel and made no changes to before it all went wrong .

Thank you for your help.