Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PF3 ATC Program thoughts

I'm trying to.  I'm waiting on support for flight plan loading.

Essentially looks like PFE, but without the cumbersome converting of flightplans PFE had.

I'll let you know once the FP problem is sorted out.  Probably some kind of formatting error because I use PFPX to generate the plans.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I have been a long time user of the previous incarnation PFE, and was a beta tester of the PF3 released today.

PFE was great and PF3 is even better, with many new features. It is a stand alone program now so no need to run the Proflight2000 and PFE programs together.

Give the trial version a go.

Peter Schluter

I have been a long time user of the previous incarnation PFE, and was a beta tester of the PF3 released today.

PFE was great and PF3 is even better, with many new features. It is a stand alone program now so no need to run the Proflight2000 and PFE programs together.

Give the trial version a go.

Hi Pete can you give a dummy a quick tutorial as I cant get it to work I loaded a short flight .pln and hit connect but nothing happens would appreciate it - thanks

Rich Sennett

Interesting. I liked PFE once it was working but hated the many steps/tweaking needed to get in the air. Looks like much of that might not be an issue with this? Nice to see that the voicepacks i bought for pfe should work with this.

I noticed it says the atc sectors have been reworked, can anyone confirm if Toronto Centre is now called as such rather than being called Edmonton Centre?

Doesn't look like there's navigraph support?

All in all looks very interesting, i'll definetely check out the demo.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Wow.

Just checked out the feature list and it looks incredible. I'd like to know more about the voice side of things as I use voxatc but also use proatc X sometimes. This sounds like it might be the best of both, can't wait to try it over the weekend. If it does everything promised and is navigraph updatable then it might be the perfect atc solution.

Chris

Hi Pete can you give a dummy a quick tutorial as I cant get it to work I loaded a short flight .pln and hit connect but nothing happens would appreciate it - thanks

I believe the demo version will only accept a plan less than 200 nm ? Is that the issue ?

Interesting. I like PFE once it was workijg but hated the many steps/tweaking needed to get in the air. Looks like much of that might not be an issue with this? Nice to see that the voicepacks i bought for pfe should work with this.

I noticed it says the atc sectors have been reworked, can anyone confirm if Toronto Centre is now called as such rather than being called Edmonton Centre?

Doesn't look like there's navigraph support?

All in all looks very interesting, i'll definetely check out the demo.

Yep stand alone program now

Edmonton is now by default called Toronto I believe. If there are any areas where a centre name is no longer used you have the facility in PF3 to change that name to another.

Peter Schluter

I believe the demo version will only accept a plan less than 200 nm ? Is that the issue ?

Nope it is a short flight - just added my runways file - but I guess its because I didnt use key commands to talk to pf3 - try again but not feeling comfy lol

Do I have to load a flight plan in PF3 and P3D ?

Rich Sennett

I've been a long time user of PFE and have gone back to it since VOX does not support P3Dv3. I wasn't aware that there was a new version in the works. Oh well, it's only money.

NAX669.png

Nope it is a short flight - just added my runways file - but I guess its because I didnt use key commands to talk to pf3 - try again but not feeling comfy lol

Do I have to load a flight plan in PF3 and P3D ?

After installing the program, update the database, then load your flightplan. No need to load the plan in P3d, just load it in PF3. Turn the P3D atc voice off so you only hear the atc voices from PF3. Connect to FS and press "0" to contact clearance delivery (or ground/tower). You will need to set the correct frequency in your radio first. In FS9/FSX a box pops up to tell you the initial frequency, but I am pretty sure this does not happen with P3D, so have a look in the manual, but usually the frequencies are the same as the native sim.

Peter Schluter

After installing the program, update the database, then load your flightplan. No need to load the plan in P3d, just load it in PF3. Turn the P3D atc voice off so you only hear the atc voices from PF3. Connect to FS and press "0" to contact clearance delivery (or ground/tower). You will need to set the correct frequency in your radio first. In FS9/FSX a box pops up to tell you the initial frequency, but I am pretty sure this does not happen with P3D, so have a look in the manual, but usually the frequencies are the same as the native sim.

I updated database now get some interaction - also setup frequency and got clearance to take off after that nothing no direction from atc and 0 key does nothing - thank you

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I updated database now get some interaction - also setup frequency and got clearance to take off after that nothing no direction from atc and 0 key does nothing - thank you

You should have been told before takeoff to fly a heading.

You should have been handed over to departure atc after takeoff.

You should then get further vectors and/or instructions to "continue own navigation". Did any of these occur ?

Anyone know of this supports VFR?

Tks

Yes it does. But as I dont fly VFR you might want to ask further questions in the forum http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=8 if you have specific questions, or download the user guide.

Peter Schluter

You should have been told before takeoff to fly a heading.

You should have been handed over to departure atc after takeoff.

You should then get further vectors and/or instructions to "continue own navigation". Did any of these occur ?

No no and no lol - oh well never had much luck with any of these programs

Rich Sennett

after speaking to clearance did to tune to ground and ask for pushback/taxi permission ?

Did you tune to tower at the runway and ask for takeoff clearance ?

Peter Schluter