Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PF3 ATC Program thoughts

after speaking to clearance did to tune to ground and ask for pushback/taxi permission ?

Did you tune to tower at the runway and ask for takeoff clearance ?

Hmmm . . . Very logical steps. I'm no pilot but seems to me those are the steps the pilot or co-pilot would follow!

JJ

Just started reading the User Manual . . . Very pleased to read that PF3 can be installed on a client computer using FSUIPC / WIDEFS to communicate with FSX/FSX-SE/P3D and NOT Simconnect!

JJ

Same as Richard...  I have followed all instructions in the User Guide and after loading flight plan and clicking connect to FS-->  NOTHING .  I have reloaded the data bases as directed .  I have disabled the P3D ATC and set my radio to Clearance DEL freq.  Hit the "0" and  nothing happens.   Will wait and see if others can get the DEMO working in P3D v3.1  :wink:

WAT1460.png

Same as Richard...  I have followed all instructions in the User Guide and after loading flight plan and clicking connect to FS-->  NOTHING .  I have reloaded the data bases as directed .  I have disabled the P3D ATC and set my radio to Clearance DEL freq.  Hit the "0" and  nothing happens.   Will wait and see if others can get the DEMO working in P3D v3.1  :wink:

Yes I got clearance to take off but nothing after that - glad I am not the only one but I did not disable p3d atc thanks for info on that Vin

Rich Sennett

I am also having troubles with the demo. Sometimes I hit the 0 key and nothing happens. The pf3_display programme doesn't work for me either.

Oh well, it looked good for a while. If they cannot iron out the bugs, it's back to default atc for me I'm afraid.

Anyone tried Pilot2ATC? I am waiting for ver2 to come out and give the demo a try.

John

It seems this addon uses a radio system of its own...? With a screen of its own to contact ATC? Does that mean you can NOT use for instance the radio in the GTN 750 to contact ATC?

Wow.

Just checked out the feature list and it looks incredible. I'd like to know more about the voice side of things as I use voxatc but also use proatc X sometimes. This sounds like it might be the best of both, can't wait to try it over the weekend. If it does everything promised and is navigraph updatable then it might be the perfect atc solution.

Chris

It has about 119 voices I think! With the correct boxes checked It's probably as close to realism as you can get. i.e. absolutely no robotism+VHF interference+weak indistinct unintelligable signals(but never for your callsign!) So it's as close to real world as I think you can get.

If you don't understand the RT then you can uncheck the boxes to get hifi quality speech (which is not real). From the navigraph point of view it's not a "flight planning programme". You do that yourself. Navigraph costs and many simmers already use it so don't want to pay more for something they already have. The great thing is though that you can use a fpl with all its bells and whistles already attached. PFe couldn't do that neither can RC4 do that now.

I've been a long time user of PFE and have gone back to it since VOX does not support P3Dv3. I wasn't aware that there was a new version in the works. Oh well, it's only money.

Money well spent if you go with it. You might say I'm biased being a beta tester. That said I am a long term user of PFE and also being a pilot I have been rather hard on poor old Dave. There's still a wish list for future updates so it can only get better from hereon.

Anyone know of this supports VFR?

Tks

It certainly does.

is it navigraph  updatable ? Will it pick  SIDS/STARS for you ? like proactx ? 

No you do that yourself. There's a lot of confusion about picking/being given SIDs and STARs by ATC. You as a Captain will already know what SIDs and STARs to use for a particular routing and certainly your airline will. ATC by "giving" you a SID or STAR is in effect just confirming what you need/want.

To give you an example: Imagine a single runway let's say 09-27 and I want to fly to the South. There will be at least two published SIDs, one from each end of the rwy. Call them A and B. They will both join up at a facility further on. So ATC can only give me SID A or SID B for that particular routing depending on the weather. The same logic is applied to STARs as that's from whence you came! As a pilot my first concern is the weather even whilst driving to the airport!! So there's a good chance after parking my car that I already know which way I'm going to take-off. Dispatch will certainly know as it is they who give you your initial fpl.

So you do as in the real world. Check the weather first. Set up you fpl with the expected SIDS/STARS tell PF3 and you're a goer. It's not difficult. :Whew:

is it navigraph  updatable ? Will it pick  SIDS/STARS for you ? like proactx ? 

PF3 has no database of airways or SIDS/STARS. It uses your native flightplan waypoints.

It does have a number of alternative ways of dealing with SIDS/STARS. For example you can associate a given runway with a SID name eg. EGLL rwy 09R you can associate with CPT5J. Then you will be given that SID to fly as part of your takeoff clearance. Depending how you wish to set PF3 up, you will not get further atc vectors/instructions until you have either reached a specific altitude or reached a specific waypoint (end of your SID). Then you will be cleared to "continue own navigation". The SID waypoints do not even need to be in your flightplan. STARS operate in a similar way.

If you want to keep things simpler do not activate SIDS and you will be vectored from takeoff to your first waypoint.

Peter Schluter

It seems this addon uses a radio system of its own...? With a screen of its own to contact ATC? Does that mean you can NOT use for instance the radio in the GTN 750 to contact ATC?

How does that interact with the sim? Are you just setting the frequencies using that? Does it self tune? PF3 uses the a/c radio not its own. So if the GTN 750 replaces the a/c radio it should be ok. If it's a major issue for you then try before you buy.

*edit* As I was writing this you guys have answered some of my questions. Thanks.

Navigraph isn't flight planning, I think you are getting mixed up. Any serious atc really should be updateable with navigraph otherwise how do you keep it up to date with the latest airways, sids, stars etc? If it doesn't use the same airac as all the other add ons then it can't reliably control you.

Hopefully I can try it later today. Looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Am I misunderstanding the feature list? From that it seems you can use voice recognition like voxatc, have I got that wrong?

Chris

I am also having troubles with the demo. Sometimes I hit the 0 key and nothing happens. The pf3_display programme doesn't work for me either.

Oh well, it looked good for a while. If they cannot iron out the bugs, it's back to default atc for me I'm afraid.

Anyone tried Pilot2ATC? I am waiting for ver2 to come out and give the demo a try.

John

I didn't get round to testing the demo. But the full programme works in every respect.

PF3 has no database of airways or SIDS/STARS. It uses your native flightplan waypoints.

Ok so it's just like pfe.

Ok so it's just like pfe.

Yes it handles flightplans in the same way, except it is a standalone program now so no messing about with PF2000 required anymore.

Dave has added many new features to it including configurable climb descent profiles; configurable holds at VOR/NDB; configurable final approach speeds; Alternate airport now can be added to the flightplan; conflict monitor for taxi; and many more.

If it doesn't use the same airac as all the other add ons then it can't reliably control you.

Chris

Hi Chris, it uses the waypoints in your native sim flightplan so it doesnt need to have an airac. Just create your flightplan with whatever tool you use (eg I use simbrief) and save as a FS9/FSX/P3d flightplan. Then load that plan in PF3 and you are good to go.

Peter Schluter