Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PF3 ATC Program thoughts

Jos

can you open the Displayer.exe ? , that will tell you all the frequencies needed for that flight.

No, whatever I trie, the dispatcher won't show.

Jos

Last time I saw, PFE didn't have some FIRs, like Barranquilla (SKEC), Panamá (MPZL) and Maiquetía (SVZM). Based on a screenshot in PF3's user guide, looks like this wasn't fixed for PF3. Can anybody confirm?

A lot of work has been done on re mapping control centre boundaries. For example if I fly to LOWI I will get handed over to Austrian control. Whereas in PFE I was still under Italian control!!!

There is still however a mountain of work to do relating to islands. Having said that we fixed quite a few. In PFE as a result of PF2000 almost all islands were not ICAO ! A list has to be made of all inhabited islands with airports/airstrips and the like and then they have to be mapped to the correct authority. So that will happen in due course.

If you put up a couple of fpls here I can check them and see. Just the origin and destination and significant waypoints.

If you put up a couple of fpls here I can check them and see. Just the origin and destination and significant waypoints.

I want to do a short vfr from KBOS RWY 22R to KPVD RWY 05

Heres my problem I have a flight plan from 22R at KBOS but atc wants me to take off from 33L so when I get clearance to take off I get no heading to get me on course I get a message you are 9 miles off airway - hence a waste of time to see how it works

Any help on this would be great - thanks

Rich Sennett

No, whatever I trie, the dispatcher won't show.

Jos

Ok head to the pf3 support forums and have a look at the threads there. I think it is caused if you used a migration tool for P3d. Some of the P3d users have got it working by following the advice in the threads there

Peter Schluter

No migration tool needed its install native 

Make sure you rebuild data base in PF3 menu

And as stated earlier do this - worked for me

"If any of you are using FSUIPC (reg version) and are not seeing this text, perhaps section 17.3 of the PF3 manual will help? It seems that non-registered FSUIPC is workable too"

Rich Sennett

Heres my problem I have a flight plan from 22R at KBOS but atc wants me to take off from 33L so when I get clearance to take off I get no heading to get me on course I get a message you are 9 miles off airway - hence a waste of time to see how it works

PF3 will use the runways that your sim currently says is active. It does that by looking at AI activity or in the case of no AI activity by using the winds to select a runway.

If you want to request a different runway for takeoff you use the hotkeys cntrl shift W and select the runway you want..

If you are using a vfr plan atc won't be giving you vectors of any kind.

Peter Schluter

You need at least one waypoint otherwise PF3 will reject the fpl.

You need at least one waypoint otherwise PF3 will reject the fpl.

I have 8 of them so not sure what you are asking

Also I get an error message the cutsi is to close to fexux - last 2 waypoints in flight plan

That still doesnt answer my question on choice of runway to take off I want to take off on 4r not 33l how can I do that without making a new flight plan as I dont have my ideal flight loaded at the moment on my new pc build

PF3 will use the runways that your sim currently says is active. It does that by looking at AI activity or in the case of no AI activity by using the winds to select a runway.

If you want to request a different runway for takeoff you use the hotkeys cntrl shift W and select the runway you want..

If you are using a vfr plan atc won't be giving you vectors of any kind.

I am using IFR - have to try that shortcut key you mention - thanks for that idea

Heres a crazy question if I have a flight plan loaded in a 737 lets say it knows how to fly from one way point to the other so what are the benefits of this program

Rich Sennett

I have 8 of them so not sure what you are asking

You didn't give me any waypoints so I couldn't do a fpl in PF3!!

Anyway both airports appear to be under Boston Center. The default altitude in PF3 is 8,000ft. You can change that obviously. You need to set minimum FAF altitudes for both. And, as Peter has said you can always request a rwy change both for take-off and landing. Anyway apart from the possibility of a sea breeze at Boston both arports would have similar wind directions as they  are only 43nm apart! So the landing and take-off runways you have given seem to be a bit spurious! For example the METARs as I write show KBOS 150 at 7kts and KPVD 170 at 7kts. So PF3 certainly would not let you take-off or land on the runways you have suggested. Neither would real controllers!!!

If you tried that flight in real life I'm sure you would have to answer questions!!!

Heres a crazy question if I have a flight plan loaded in a 737 lets say it knows how to fly from one way point to the other so what are the benefits of this program

Any aircraft with an FMC or any form of Inertial navigation can fly a fpl. So what are the benefits of real ATC?

Don't waste time with dumb questions lol

If you want to fly without ATC, or with default ATC, you don't need the program.  However, neither is really recommended. :smile:

Ok got it to take off from runway 22R but it doesnt give you any headings or altitude changes - I just dont get it - have to wait for a tutorial I guess

Here is my flight plan I loaded up

2dvpzzp.jpg

Rich Sennett

Bear in mind that ProATC is not ICAO compliant. Voice sets must have rigorous control. For example alpha charaters are never spoken on RT.

Understood.  For me personally, it's all tradeoffs - I'd be willing to tolerate unrealistic alpha characters if the overall voice presentation seemed natural.  In the short demo video I linked, ProATC had a clear edge in that respect - so, actually, does default ATC, which handles voices pretty well (in contrast to the way it handles airplanes).  But I take your point about the range of voices available in PF3.  Have been reading the manual and the feature set is impressive.  Looking forward to your videos so I can get a better sense of how it sounds and "feels" in practice.  Thanks again!

I'll have a look at that tomorrow as it's getting on here.

Ok got it to take off from runway 22R but it doesnt give you any headings or altitude changes - I just dont get it - have to wait for a tutorial I guess

Here is my flight plan I loaded up

2dvpzzp.jpg

I'll have a look at it tomorrow as it's getting on here.

Understood.  For me personally, it's all tradeoffs - I'd be willing to tolerate unrealistic alpha characters if the overall voice presentation seemed natural.  In the short demo video I linked, ProATC had a clear edge in that respect - so, actually, does default ATC, which handles voices pretty well (in contrast to the way it handles airplanes).  But I take your point about the range of voices available in PF3.  Have been reading the manual and the feature set is impressive.  Looking forward to your videos so I can get a better sense of how it sounds and "feels" in practice.  Thanks again!

For me as a pilot ProATC has too many inaccuracies. As previously said the voices in PF3 are fluid with the correct settings checked.

I'll have a look at that tomorrow as it's getting on here.

Thanks really interested in this program so be nice to see what it can do - I have FDC and was very happy with it

Rich Sennett