Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PF3 ATC Program thoughts

Guys 

This thread is WAY of course from it's stating out title.  I say this, please now direct any Pilot2ATC questions, moans, or whatever to the pilot2ATC forum here on AVSIM.

Also if you have any issue with PF3 then please post on their own forum. Dave(PF3)  has already stated this, as he will not support unless you do so.

Thanks.

This thread can remain open providing is get back on course as per the title.

Once again, many thanks for you help and cooperation

• Upvote 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This thread is WAY of course from it's stating out title. I say this, please now direct any Pilot2ATC questions, moans, or whatever to the pilot2ATC forum here on AVSIM.

LOL Believe it or not but I came back to this topic only to say I won't be bothering you with my questions anymore (in this topic, that is :wink: ) because I discovered the Pilot2ATC forum over here! Just posted my first post there. So I also advice everyone else to do as Clive says. :wink:

Thanks for you support there Jeroen  :Straight Face:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

unfortunately , it cant as PF3 does not have SID and STAR database. That is the reason i wish PF3 could read AIRAC database. It will make it lot more realistic with some surprise element.

One can not pre decide SID or STAR and incorporate its waypoints flight plans as if runway change occurs by the time you are ready to taxi, those waypoints are of no use.

PF3 WILL give you a random clearance above the SID altitude restriction. It usually does this early after hitting the SID Altitude limit.

Yes, it does involve telling PF3 what the SID altitude height is, and you only have to do this once as you save your selection.

Guys

Yes P2A uses TTS voices, that is why it sounds 'real' and yes there is a cost to these.

AIRAC data is used by P2A, currently it uses only Aerosoft NavData Pro and will ship with the 1510 cycle.  Richard over on Navigraph is working towards providing the correct Navigraph format for P2A; so Navigraph will be coming in the near future.

I have been using Navigraph(1602)  in the Q400 and NavDat Pro in P2A, it works fine, issues are that on some approaches the WP names are different, also the approaches can b e slightly diffrent. No really issues to be honest at this stage, just select heading select, job done.

We have only seen this on a few routes during testing. I'm sure people will fine more during the BETA  :wink:

Conclusion so we all understand

Pilot to ATC :

1Uses AIRAC DATA (Ships with NavData Pro 1510)

2. Uses TTS voice packs

3. Uses SID, STARS, Approaches as PER AIRAC. It uses Reverse lookup also to make sure it gives you the correct 'recommend departure and Arrival. if you don;t like it then select another (planning stage)

If you want another Arrival during flight then ask ATC.

It currently DOES NOT use tailwind and crosswind components to calculate runways, just uses the METAR winds. This will come in an update, so you will get a 'delay due to weather' at clearance if the weather is to bad for departure.

It does not use 'preferential runways, again this will come later.  Can use AI runways if you so wish

Anything else anyone want to know at this stage, Jereon :wink:  :wink: maybe :smile:

Sounds very comprehensive. How many different world accents are there in the program and do they apply to both airport/ATC and AI aircraft pilots ?

Peter Schluter

Still cant figure out why YT videos of simmers flying as well as all these ATC programs insist you slow down so far out on final approach. If you did that at a busy airport they would have your head. Slows down arrival rates and messes up the incoming flow. Have a listen on LiveATC. Always hearing keep the speed up 170 .... until a certain point way closer in perhaps 6dme from TD not this 10-20dme stuff. yikes

A lot of YT videos have their a/c flying way too fast on approach. Even ones made by reputable youtubers. For example you will see 737s gunning down the glideslope of rwy26 at LOWI at 200kts plus whereas the actual practice for a/c of that size is to fly the whole of that approach with gear down and flaps out. Therefore much slower!

At London Heathrow the initial localiser capture speed is 180 or 170 depending on traffic. At glideslope capture you will hear the controller say "xxx reduce speed to 160kts to 4DME" At 4DME you would then yourself reduce speed to Vat+5 or more if windy.

I agree - this has run it's course. Let's lock it down.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors