Sign in to follow this  
Snacko

FSX Main Menu image won't AA

I'm not sure what the problem is.  Maybe it's an nVidia settings issue?  

I have FSX Box + Acceleration Pack running on Windows 10 x64 on a nVidia GTX 980 4gb.  For some reason the Main Free Flight window does not Anti-Alias the aircraft image.  It's not a huge deal, but I was wondering if someone knew what may cause this problem?

Here you can see the jaggies along the wings and fuselage.

P9AQv0X.png

But here, in the game you can see it's just fine:

hSNq3Fm.jpg

Been like that pretty much forever - happens in p3d also - although in fsx I thought it was resolved but cant remember now 

Rich Sennett

Did you take that first screenshot while running FRAPS?  Try that same shot without it running, like the 2nd

shot.  Mine made a slight change for the better when I went from Tri-liner filtering to Anisotropic plus

Anti Aliasing.

I found this in an older post by Tom Gibson: "In DX10 the free flight selection screen is never anti aliased - that's the way Aces designed it. In DX9 you can force it to be antialiased externally."

You didn't mention using DX10.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes, I'm using DX10.  I have Steve's DX10 Fixer too.  

I did have Fraps running, so I turned it off just now and loaded the game.  It still looks the same

Also, Fraps says I am getting only 16fps on that Main Menu pic of the aircraft.  Why is that?  In the game I get 30-80fps.

Yep - Drazkent nails it. But use with caution as this will soften the appearance of your image in the sim as well, which may or may not be to your liking.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yes, that does smooth out the jaggies in the Menu.  Thanks.  The game still looks good.  I don't notice anything so far, but will keep that in mind.  

Thanks!

Yes, that does smooth out the jaggies in the Menu.  Thanks.  The game still looks good.  I don't notice anything so far, but will keep that in mind.  

Thanks!

you're welcome :smile:

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer