Sign in to follow this  
gboz

No MCE sub-folders in Win10 start menu

I just installed MCE into Win10 and clicking on the MCE start menu item expands a massive list of about 82 MCE items, flows, docs, commands, programs etc all mixed up in the one list.

Shouldn't there be some sub-folder organisation here?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I just installed MCE into Win10 and clicking on the MCE start menu item expands a massive list of about 82 MCE items, flows, docs, commands, programs etc all mixed up in the one list.

Shouldn't there be some sub-folder organisation here?

Thanks,

gb.

Under Windows 10, in order to see a structured menu like you would get under Windows 7 or Windows XP, click....

Start->All Apps You should see items grouped by alphabetical order, with "Multi Crew Experience" somewhere in the list.

Start->All Apps You should see items grouped by alphabetical order, with "Multi Crew Experience" somewhere in the list.

Yes that is what I have.

The problem is that when I click on that MCE start menu item it expands into an alphabetical list of 82 items taking up two full screen heights of the desktop that I have to scroll through.

Why are there no docs, flows, commands, etc sub-menus here?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

If you would like to have the old Windows style of the start menu back, you could try the little App "Classic Shell". Just Goggle and you will find the download page. I prefer the old Windows style over the Win10 style. Maybe it helps to reorganize your sub-folders.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

If you would like to have the old Windows style of the start menu back, you could try the little App "Classic Shell". Just Goggle and you will find the download page. I prefer the old Windows style over the Win10 style. Maybe it helps to reorganize your sub-folders.

A bit late but thanks, "Classic Shell" did the trick.

Looks like "no sub folders in the start menu" is just another Win10 absurdity.

gb.