Sign in to follow this  
dondormehl

NO ILS AUTOTUNE AFTER UPDATE

Hi,

I have updated to the latest T7 200/300 updates and now both types don't auto tune the ILS frequencies when the ILS Approach is selected on the arrivals page. By the way, this all worked as advertised before the last update.

I have removed the previous installation of both T7 versions as per instructions via the CP for a clean install. Just "PARK" is now displayed where the ils freq/with a small park would normally be on the NAVRAD page. Needless to say I am at a loss - no idea why it suddenly does not work. The locations checked so far is OMDB (FlyTampa) and OTHH (TaxiToGate). I always load the Long panel state when prepping for a flight. I have the latest scenery files and AIRAC data installed in all products.

Any ideas?

Don Dormehl

Happened to me yesterday.....i did a clean install and everything is fine , again.Maybe the fault was the updated navdata (1602)

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Miguel,

Thanks for your input but I don't think it is Navigraph. The FMC shows the correct Nav Cycle 1602 - all other aircraft including the NGX has no issues with the latest AIRAC.

Done my second clean install with no success. Have re downloaded the updates and will give it another go. Very weird indeed in my instance, considering everything worked perfectly, prior to me performing the latest updates for the T7. Am I again the subject of the dreaded "Ghost in the Machine" event that nobody else experience.

So be it - lets start the delete and install process again. :Hmmmph:

Cheers,

Done my second clean install with no success. Have re downloaded the updates and will give it another go

Well after  doing  a second  reinstall   and  still didn't  work  and  your thinking of  doing  a  third, what makes  you think  doing  a third  re install will work , maybe  3rd time  lucky. as  Kyle  has mentioned  a few  times  already  doing  re installs  will unlikely  fix  the issue  and  most likely  cause  more  issues, best bet is  to put  in a support  ticket  in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have removed the previous installation of both T7 versions as per instructions via the CP for a clean install. Just "PARK" is now displayed where the ils freq/with a small park would normally be on the NAVRAD page. Needless to say I am at a loss - no idea why it suddenly does not work. The locations checked so far is OMDB (FlyTampa) and OTHH (TaxiToGate). I always load the Long panel state when prepping for a flight. I have the latest scenery files and AIRAC data installed in all products.

Hi, Don

First, a question:  Are you starting directly from the Long Panel State, or are you starting with  your own previously saved flight (that may have been started from the Long Panel State)?  If so, your saved situation-with-panel-state may have been corrupted.  So try starting with an unmodified, PMDG-supplied panel state (such as Long Panel State).

Second, a suggestion:  Since the problem happens with the 777 but not the NGX, try backing up and deleting ARPT_RWY.dat in FSX/PMDG/Navdata folder.  It is used by the 777 but not the NGX.  It is not part of the Airac.  It will rebuild when you reload the 777. 

Mike

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

same issue here, 2 flights, both had issue with the ils autotune.

doesnt happen on the aerosoft 320, or the pmdg 737 

14ppkc-6.png

AIRAC 1602 first download was corrupt . NAVIGRAPH released a 2nd file. I had to do a total clean reinstall and applied the new 1602 pacakage , and everything works perfectly now.

You can confirm this visiting their forum. You must be logged.

Best.

Miquel Egea,

Mike777, thanks mate, I have tried that and it didn't work.

Miquel, that is good news! Hopefully that fixes my problem too.

Cheers,

Miguel,

Where did you find the updated AIRAC 1602 for PMDG. An updated version should read Rev 2 but I can't seem to find a Rev 2 for the PMDG AIRAC. I did log into Navigraph.

Cheers,

Don Dormehl

Don, the AIRAC package was corrupt. It´s not a new revision. Just re- download the AIRAC.

Have you read the Navigraph forum?

Best.

Miquel Egea.

Yeah I did. And re-downloading and installing the AIRAC did not fix my problem. I still get no ILS at NZCH for instance (T7 300 No Auto tune).

Cheers,

Yeah I did. And re-downloading and installing the AIRAC did not fix my problem. I still get no ILS at NZCH for instance (T7 300 No Auto tune).

Running the program as an admin?

-------------

Anyone:

If you have some steps for us to try, let us know. However, if something was working prior to an AIRAC update, and then it stopped after it, even the most basic of scientific method would point to the AIRAC.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok,

Just finished a test flight YSSY to NZCH and the ILS auto tuned. Don't know what fixed it - I re-installed the T7, Navigraph AIRAC 1602 and deleted that RWY file in the NavData Folder. Something must have worked.

Thanks for all the advice - really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Do you all mean to re-install my T7 200/300 and re-install the AIRAC1602?

Same problem also happen to 747, not test 737 yet~

Thanks

Could someone please confirm that there is NO NEED to reinstall THE WHOLE 777 in order to have the ILS autotune back, but only the correct Nav database? I don't see the point in reinstalling the whole airplane!

Thanks.

James Goggi