Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

PF3 - New ATC program...

There is a new ATC program out called PF3. It says it will work with any voice recognition program, but doesn't provide many details.

Just wondering if anyone has tried MCE with PF3 yet...

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Hello Jeff.

I must say, having read the Pro Flight 3 spec sheet it looks like a super de lux version of RC4.

I have no idea if it interfaces with MCE? That is the question?

It has a "try before you buy" download, which is great. What's not great is the free download "locks up" the flight sim after 15 minutes! A big no no, IMHO!

The other feature I wasn't keen on was the "automatic" taxi speed function? I don't want an external program "taking control" of my throttles, at any time!

I won't be splashing out £35 unless it gets a big "go" from MCE:-)

Thanks for the heads up though, the program looks interesting!

cheers

David.

Hello Jeff.

The other feature I wasn't keen on was the "automatic" taxi speed function? I don't want an external program "taking control" of my throttles, at any time!

I won't be splashing out £35 unless it gets a big "go" from MCE:-)

Thanks for the heads up though, the program looks interesting!

cheers

David.

The automatic taxi speed function can be turned off by setting taxi speed to zero on the tweaks page. My VC10 will taxi at idle thrust so I don't need an automatic taxi speed function. But some aircraft may need it so it's a good feature. So if you "don't want an external program "taking control" of your throttles, at any time! just turn that option off.

The automatic taxi speed function can be turned off by setting taxi speed to zero on the tweaks page. My VC10 will taxi at idle thrust so I don't need an automatic taxi speed function. But some aircraft may need it so it's a good feature. So if you "don't want an external program "taking control" of your throttles, at any time! just turn that option off.

Thank you for that. Control of aircraft systems is not one of my preferred options in any program.

Can you offer any positive feed back on the use of the program?

Are there any video links?

How does it compare to Radar Contact v4?

Do you use the program with any voice command programs, MCE, fs2crew?

Cheers

David

I have no idea if it interfaces with MCE? That is the question?

You may not know this David, MCE indeed fully supports PFE ATC (older version V2.15), even under X-Plane.

We also plan to fully support the new PF3.

You may not know this David, MCE indeed fully supports PFE ATC (older version V2.15), even under X-Plane.

We also plan to fully support the new PF3.

Thank you Gerald.

When you fully support it, so will I.

Cheers

David.

Thank you for that. Control of aircraft systems is not one of my preferred options in any program.

Can you offer any positive feed back on the use of the program?

Are there any video links?

How does it compare to Radar Contact v4?

Do you use the program with any voice command programs, MCE, fs2crew?

Cheers

David

I'm hoping to get a video out in the near future but at the moment the recording programme is protesting.

No comparison with RC4. It's far superior. It's up to date with current terminology and practices. ICAO compliant (which Pro atc is not). It doesn't p you off if you make a mistake such as an altitude bust. If you don't follow an instruction then that instruction is repeated at an interval you can change. It takes you to and from your gate and you can have a gate reserved for you at your arrival destination too. Go to the website and see everything it can do.

I don't use it with a voice command programme. But instead of FS2Crew you could try FDC Live Cockpit also by OnCourse Software (see my sig).

I've downloaded the demo, but it crashes every time I try to connect to P3DV3.1. I'm running Win 10.

Looking at their forums, someone else (today) has exactly the same problem. The developer is looking into it.

I've registered there, but have yet to receive my confirmation email...so I can't yet post.

I've downloaded and run the latest makerunways and then created the database using their checklist function. Looks like a nice program and hopefully, they will get their demo working so I can give it a go.

I rechecked RC4 and it still works just fine.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I've downloaded the demo, but it crashes every time I try to connect to P3DV3.1. I'm running Win 10.

Looking at their forums, someone else (today) has exactly the same problem. The developer is looking into it.

I've registered there, but have yet to receive my confirmation email...so I can't yet post.

I've downloaded and run the latest makerunways and then created the database using their checklist function. Looks like a nice program and hopefully, they will get their demo working so I can give it a go.

If you don't get your confirmation drop Dave an email. People using win10 have problems with so much stuff. They sort it and when win 10 does an update it starts all over again!

Let's just say that the UK's largest domestic bank is still rolling out win7 to its staff, (I wonder why) lol

Dave has found some missing files from the demo download for P3D.  He is working with another DEMO Prepar3D user by email.  Once he confirms it is fixed, he is going to post a new DEMO download.  This can be followed on their forum http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

WAT1460.png

Dave has found some missing files from the demo download for P3D.  He is working with another DEMO Prepar3D user by email.  Once he confirms it is fixed, he is going to post a new DEMO download.  This can be followed on their forum http://www.ocs-suppo...ewforum.php?f=8

Yep...following that same forum topic...

thanks.

I have a lot of admiration for Dave. He may have a winner here.

tony

I might seem biased. But I agree. The beta team has been working on it pretty much on a daily basis since September last year. We went through 36 iterations. We set Dave a high goal and he's made it. There's still plenty of stuff on the wish list. So when that starts to come through PF3 will be even more polished. I'll try to get a couple of videos out in the next week or so.